Recommendation for quad LNB please.

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria

Hi, looking to replace a number of quad LNBs I and friends have, (LNBs don´t last long in this weather -hot and sunny :):):)). Have a number where the feed covers are failing and ones which are losing frequency extremes (CH4HD etc) :mad:. They will be fitted on 1M Dishes to receive Astra/Eurobird at 28e and 1M Dishes pointing to BADR at 26. Going to try the ever popular Inverto Black Ultra, the Sharp (not sure of the model) and the Invacom. Any others I should try. Looking obviously for good results on fringe channels and durability of construction (resistance to UVA/UVB and heat).

Thanks

moojuice

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AZBox Premium HD+, Fortec Star FS-4200, Comag SL30/12,
Triax TD110 dish, Jaeger99 motor (modified for inclination - 12" superjack), AzureWave AD-SP400 PCI card (Twinhan thing), Satlook Colour HD meter
My Location
Southampton, UK
Well I've got a Black Ultra and it certainly works well. Construction wise, its got a matt black body and a white LNB cap. For UV resistance, black plastics generally last a lot longer but will get hotter in the midday sun. Funnily enough, we don't have the problem of LNBs melting in the heat here in blighty! I think this is a case of "suck it and see".

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It's an interesting issue because one might think that LNB designs would account for the less temperate weather experienced in many parts of the world other than the UK but, to the best of my knowledge, what one might buy here is the same as in the Mediterranean area, Asia etc.etc.

Anyone know different?

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
You may remember that last year, my Black Ultra gave up the ghost after a bout of very hot weather here (35°-40°) I did source it from France I think and it's replacement came from Germany. I've never noticed any difference and I do think they are built to a common worldwide standard. The only theme in common is the fact that DishDick's and mine were on 1M dishes. Mine failed on a brick red coloured Gibi and I wonderd if the colour (and lack of reflection) had anything to do with it. Unless we get more failures, I guess it's only speculation. Might it be worth considering some sort of heat shield??

kungu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4 M offset dish, 1.5 offset dish, 2.4 m prime focus dish 1.8 meter prime focus dish, Lnbs-- Inverto sliver tech quad, Inverto ultra black quad, invercom quad + 120 attachment, Receivers-- Strong 4010 hd, Dreambox 800 Hd, Dreamworld DM750 Hd, Vanta
My Location
Africa, kenya, Limuru
Try the Inverto Silver Tech 0.2dB Quad. Bought mine from pulsat website and i have had it for over 3 years. From my experience, the Inverto sliver tech has out performed the Inverto ultra black quad lnb in both durability and signal gain here in Kenya, Nairobi. I use it for fringe reception of Badr 5/6 and also Nilesat [ Atlantic bird 4a ]

kadnor

Reaction score
Hi, Kungu,
Mauritius is situated @20.23* south /57.45* east. I wish to install an LNB bar (to get 36*E and 15.8*E-
south equator beams) My offset dish is 150 cm wide by 165 cm high. What brotherly tips you may favour me.I do not know where to place (at what distance) the two SMART titanium 0,1 dB LNB TS (HD TV)...
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Best Wishes.