comag sl65
comag porty II (camping)
Pace Prima (analogue)
Assortment of dishes.
computer:
Shiney new Acer
My Location
Derbyshire, England
First of all, please accept my apologies for my ignorance.
Due to work commitments, I am going to miss a lot of the end of the wintersport season :-Nooo.

I was wondering if it was possible to connect a hdd pvr to my trusty old pace prima so I can watch it when I'm home.

If this is at all possible, any info on how to connect the pvr would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
the_happy_traveller said:
First of all, please accept my apologies for my ignorance.
Due to work commitments, I am going to miss a lot of the end of the wintersport season :-Nooo.

I was wondering if it was possible to connect a hdd pvr to my trusty old pace prima so I can watch it when I'm home.

If this is at all possible, any info on how to connect the pvr would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I doubt if an old receiver has the required technology.
Consider buying a DVD recorder with or without HDD, connect the AV output to the recorder input connectors.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
You should just be able to go from the VCR scart from the Prima into the PVR, if the sport your watching is on the same channel (Eurosport?), just leave it on and set to that channel and set the timer on the PVR, though I think the Pace might have a timer aswell, so that could also be utilised, though it's been a while since I used my MSS300, but then the Prima is the basic model so may not be the same... :)

the_happy_traveller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat HD (time to join 21st century)
comag sl65
comag porty II (camping)
Pace Prima (analogue)
Assortment of dishes.
computer:
Shiney new Acer
My Location
Derbyshire, England
So, I take it that connecting a pvr to the analogue box and tuning pvr to an aux station as per oldie worldie vcr wouldnt work then??

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
the_happy_traveller said:
So, I take it that connecting a pvr to the analogue box and tuning pvr to an aux station as per oldie worldie vcr wouldnt work then??

Should do, PVRs are supposed to be the next best thing, they wouldn't be any good if they couldn't do what a VCR can do!!! :)