Recording Several Channels from Same Transponder

A

Archive7

I noticed today that when a smartcard is used inside a CI CAM, it is not possible to record all the channels that are on the same transponder and only the channel being recorded can be watched.
With FTA channels it is possible to record and view all the channels on the same transponder, but not the ones that are encrypted.
I set the CI CAM to:
Multiple Service Support to Yes
High Bit Rate Support to Yes
Show CI Messages to No
The same card works fine when it is inserted in a smartcard slot and using OSCAM
I am using latest VTi image, which I prefer because it has excellent support and has solved many problems that I had in the past with Black Hole.

With another card that is paired with the CI module, the same thing happens, but I get a intolerable pixilation even though I have a 1.6m dish pointing to Hotbird 13E.
I can't use this card with OSCAM because of the pairing to the module.
I think the pixilation problem is with the receiver image and not the TV, after I tested the video image with my monitor using HDMI input.

A

Archive7

It seems that I need a satellite receiver with certified CI+ CAM support.
Tried several images and only the VTi and OpenATV images recognized the cam, but got pixilation was intolerable.
The BH would keep switching off and restarts the GUI when I switch it on to one of the channels in the package.
I finally used my Sony TV which has a CI+ slot and all the channels open well without pixilation.
But I don't want to use the TV because all the recordings are encrypted and can be played only by the TV. What if it gets damaged or I want to sell it sometime in the future?
I am looking now for a satellite receiver that has CI+ support and can record without encryption, just like the VU+
Dreambox perhaps?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Dreambox doesn't support CI+ as far as I know. I think only Mutant ones do of the Enigma 2 family...

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
Dreambox doesn't support CI+ as far as I know. I think only Mutant ones do of the Enigma 2 family...

I know the Mutant supports CI +, quite sure the Octagon sf 4008 does as well.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Good to know about the Octagon - are these Enigma 2 based as well?

A

Archive7

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
The Octagon SF 4008 doesn't seem to have CI+ unfortunately, at least according to the Octagon website.
The CI+ receivers category lists only SF918, SF1008 and SF1028 models.
These models are older models and not as attractive as the SF4008
HDTV Receiver | Octagon-Germany.eu
CI+ Receiver | Octagon-Germany.eu
Any more suggestions please for CI+ models?

Thanks, according to the specification in my link it does, maybe worth contacting them, any new Mutant receiver should have it,
Recording Several Channels from Same Transponder

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
A

Archive7

I know the Mutant supports CI +, quite sure the Octagon sf 4008 does as well.
Can you please check if the Mutant really supports CI+?
I can't find any reference to that anywhere.
Of course website shops can type what they like, but only the manufacturer can confirm it.
Thanks a lot.

A

Archive7

Mutant have the rights to CI+ from what ive read in the past, confirmed working here read post below it.
Advice Needed - VU Duo Dead: Xtrend ET10000 or Gigablue Quad to replace?
I am not convinced that Mutant has CI+ certification.
Their website has very little information to offer. No manuals or even a brochure about their products which can only indicate they are not the real manufacturer.
I think they are another name for a similar model called AX 4K BOX HD51 by Opticum.
I found the manual for the AX in Polish.
Check the Opticum website Konwertery, dekoder, tuner, odbiorniki, antena, multiswitch Opticum
Opticum doesn't show the AX HD51 as CI+ Certified, although they have several CI+ receivers in the CI+ category.
You can watch this review clip in German.

Anyway, I decided to take the plunge and ordered the Mutant 4K HD51 today.
Even if my CI+ module doesn't work perfect, at least I will have a 4K receiver which I was going to buy from VU+ (sorry VU+ guys).
Thanks blademedia for mentioning the Octagon and Mutant. Helped me to empty my pockets today.:-)

AX-4K-HD51.jpg

blademedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
Its a nice box , ive not used mine much its for a setup when my Sky contract runs out in November, I'm more in to feeds.

Google Translate

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
The Octagon SF4008 does support CI+ cam with the HD Freaks image. I use it for her indoors to watch Fransat with a CI+ module and Fransat card.