Regarding first post

Malikojee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
New to this All.
My Location
london
Hi,

This message is regarding my first post i made on here.
For ref: it was http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/keys-key-editing/193734-confused-softcam-c-line.html

First of all, I am sorry if i have offened someone by my first post. It was only for learning purpose. I think I have not breach the rules of this forms.

I have read and learnt alot from this platform in couple of days. Went through hundreds of post and thousands of replies on here. And because of you guys i have learnt

1. What are the purposes of Reciever?
2. About Multisat dishes or LNBs?
3. Motorised Dishes?
4. How to connect dreambox?
5. How to load Image and Cccam?

and many other things. I was only confused so I asked that question. My Mistake .

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Don't think you broke any rules as such, but asking such questions and furthermore on your very first post here will not be appreciated by most. Apart from that, it wouldn't take much reading to find the answer.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You have a lot of reading to do, concerning setting up a dish, motorised, or fixed, start with the guides in this section:
DISH SETUP: Single sat, Multi-Sat & Motorised systems

As for receivers, there are far too many to advise you to get one in particular but there is a lot of information on the forum.

Don't try to get ahead of yourself first learn the basics and decide what size dish you require and where you need to install it to be able to get the maximum number of satellites available.

Malikojee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
New to this All.
My Location
london
Thank you or your replies guys.

I have learnt about Dishes, LNBs, Reciever and installation.

In Fact I have set up dish and reciever. Also installed/load the Image and CCcam only with the help of this form. May be i am not like other newbies here who ask silly questions regarding stuff the can find on form.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
What receiver are you using?
Is it a motorized, or fixed dish?
What satellites can you pick up?
Seeing as you've mentioned loading an image are you using a Dreambox 500s clone?

Malikojee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
New to this All.
My Location
london
Yes, I'm using Dreambox500s with Fixed dish. Loaded PLI image and CCcam 2.1.2. I can get EuroBird 1 (28.2) Satellite and able to watch what i have sub. for.

I tried to load Gemini first but Found PLI bit better.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Forget about softcams, and anything else, while you only have a fixed dish on 28.2E. You might want to broaden your horizons, and check out other satellites, and channels, that we can receive in the UK, with a decent, motorized, dish set up.