Remote control clash with Hitachi tv

Martinauc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion Plus
My Location
East Yorkshire
I have a FortecStar Passion + And a Hitachi Flat screen HD Tv. The remote from the hitachi and the remote on the fortecstar interfere with the other unit (not the same function as selected) to use the sat receiver i have to blank off the TV remote receiver eye.

any suggestions out there

Martin

GrayJewels

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion+
My Location
UK
Martinauc said:
I have a FortecStar Passion + And a Hitachi Flat screen HD Tv. The remote from the hitachi and the remote on the fortecstar interfere with the other unit (not the same function as selected) to use the sat receiver i have to blank off the TV remote receiver eye.

any suggestions out there

Martin

Does anybody know any alternatives to the remote sensor blanking mentioned by Martin?

Thanks in advance!

Graham

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
An absolute pain in the arse, I had the Passion+ & got a 40 inch Full HD Hitachi LCD & had the same bloody issue, lucky for me the HDMI ports on the TV failed within three months & vowed never to get suckered in by cheap price on a T.V. again. I had to use a DVD case to stop the receiver Zooming in etc when pressing volume up etc on the T.V. remote.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
So it sounds as though there's no solution other than changing one of the devices.

Have you contacted customer services at Hitachi and Fortecstar? They might not even be aware of the problem. If they are one of them may have produced an answer but I wouldn't hold my breath.