Requesting channel verification

gsradio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
USA
timo_w2s said:
Glad I could help. If you need more samples at some point let me know. I too noticed a slight gap/drop out in the audio while recording that clip.

Would also have loved to have helped with a stream, but for various practical reasons I can't volunteer at the moment I'm afraid.
Hey no problem at all I compleatly understand. Could you or perhaps someone else suggest a more appropriate place on the forum I could post for someone who may be internested in such an offer. Being new I dont wish to cause an issue or perhaps be black listed by posting in the wrong place...lol

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
You're in the right place already ............................ :-righton

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
The problem with most of UK is that most people are on rather slow ADSL with upload speeds on home connections not exceeding 448kbps - so bandwidth is at premium. This is improving in built up areas though and I am not sure what the situation is like in mainland Europe.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
Captain Jack said:
The problem with most of UK is that most people are on rather slow ADSL with upload speeds on home connections not exceeding 448kbps - so bandwidth is at premium. This is improving in built up areas though and I am not sure what the situation is like in mainland Europe.
I've got a FTTP 40MB upload in Finland but the problem is I'm not always there and worse, if I close the balcony windows reception of vertical channels on Hotbird will disappear... ;)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Yes it is very frustrating as I have been waiting an infinitely long time for BT infinity (applied two years ago) and am only 1.5 miles from the exchange, what is even more frustrating is that 20 years ago NYNEX put fibre optic in our road and I suspect it is still there as dark fibre but it appears it is not going to be used, although no doubt fibre optic technology has moved on somewhat in the meantime, otherwise I could have helped out as my stb and dish are fixed on 13E and unused these days except for occasional F1 races

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
I could set this up for you using a slingbox ? I have a spare receiver and dish, I would only need to pick up some cable,

gsradio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
USA
martin-f said:
I could set this up for you using a slingbox ? I have a spare receiver and dish, I would only need to pick up some cable,
Martin-f I would be interested in learning a bit more about this. But like I said as long as I could get a 24/7 audio stream I'm open to anything that would work. And like I said I would be happy to pay a monthly fee for this service.

Thanks
Todd

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
hi todd, I will do a temporary setup in the next few days and send you the information to log in to it, you can learn more about the slingbox here, http://www.slingbox.com/

it just placeshifts the signal, if everything is ok I will set it up 24/7, but there should be know problems as ive sent/received it from florida before with great results.

gsradio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
USA
martin-f said:
hi todd, I will do a temporary setup in the next few days and send you the information to log in to it, you can learn more about the slingbox here, http://www.slingbox.com/

it just placeshifts the signal, if everything is ok I will set it up 24/7, but there should be know problems as ive sent/received it from florida before with great results.Wonderful martin
Thats fantastic!!!. I look forward to it .. thank you very much