Resoloution Problems When When cable Connected From Laptop To Dreambox

Teamfrank

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish,lenovo laptop
My Location
Ireland
Hi,

As I am new to the Dreambox scene and trying to follow instructions from previous posts I am having an awful lot of difficulty ! Firstly, when I connect my nullcable from the dreambox to the laptop my screen(on Laptop) goes ape telling me that my resoloution is wrong so I change to the lower resoloution and again goes ape and tells me to change to a higher resolouton. Secondly when I try to use dreamup I'm told there is no com port. Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

Thanking you in advance

Frank

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ duo with a 300gb hdd also dm500 and tecnomate 5200 with a 1m and 1.1m motorized dishes and minidish fixed to 28.2
My Location
Belfast
What are you trying to achieve here? The null cable is for firmware upgrade only and you can view the 800 via the network using a local ip or any television.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pacmyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7000S
Project Gemini 4.40
Nabilosat Darkstar II
My Location
Stockholm
Teamfrank said:
Hi,

As I am new to the Dreambox scene and trying to follow instructions from previous posts I am having an awful lot of difficulty ! Firstly, when I connect my nullcable from the dreambox to the laptop my screen(on Laptop) goes ape telling me that my resoloution is wrong so I change to the lower resoloution and again goes ape and tells me to change to a higher resolouton. Secondly when I try to use dreamup I'm told there is no com port. Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

Thanking you in advance

Frank

Are you sure your are connecting the cable to a COM port on the computer? Sounds like your connecting it to the VGA connector. Well to do that you would have to use some kind of 9 pin <--> 15 pin adapter, which would mean that you are way off, and shouldn't try to flash your box at your own.

Alright if it's really the COM port you have connected it to then it shouldn't do anything to the resolution of the screen as they are two totally different things. The only thing I can think of causing such a behaviour is if there is power going to ground throw the serial cable. Are the box and the computer connected to the same outlet? Try running the computer on the battery if it's a laptop.
If it's a stationary computer try conecting a cable between computer chassis and some grounded part of the box (something metallic that is not painted)..

As Chris said the nullcable it's much easier to do the FW update thru network..