Richard Branson

S

starry

Richard where are you?
You can get everything else to work in this country.
Fancy your chances at Dig TV? Going cheap!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You may find that your faith is misplaced Starry, apart from his original Virgin businesses, he hasn't enjoyed huge success. His rail operation is no more efficient than most of the others, he failed in his attemt to run the lottery (a great shame I feel), his round the world ballooning came to nought and I don't believe that his finance business is overly successful.

He may of course be putting something together for the pay TV franchise, I hope he has more success, he seems to be gaining a reputation as the White Knight who rides to the rescue on everything, but wins nothing.

Rolf

S

starry

Fully agree with you Rolf.
I do respect him as a business man though!
It's just that we've had 'Virgin everything else'
so where's, 'Virgin TV'?
Regards.
Starry.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A Virgin Bride would be nice Starry :) if somewhat unrealistic at my age. ;)

I think that the man's heart is in the right place and perhaps there would be some merit in his acquiring a multiplex. As one of the other threads suggests, there is no real reason why they all have to be controlled by the same company and why many of the companies couldn't run free to air with advertising revenue support only.

Longer term, the more free to air programmes there are, the larger the uptake. The potential audience is huge.

Rolf

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 03-May-02 AT 12:14 PM (GMT)]Perhaps he could integrate his next lottery bid with the DTT medium? Imagine being able to purchase lottery tickets through the telly.
2old

M

markexon

I am sure he will be able to turn digital TV around.

Come on Richard, get your cheque book out.