Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Despite the fact that the EU Cookie Law is universally regarded as utterly pointless, there has been a massive upsurge in "Compliant" Sites of late, making Internet use even more annoying than hitherto.

But, for those using Browsers capable of integrating the AdBlock Plus Extension, then virtually all of the Cookie Warnings can be eliminated by adding the Prebake Subscription.

Other irritants can be binned with the Fanboy's Annoyances Subscription.

Both can be found here

The above Subscriptions are purely for the removal of browsing irritants, not bona fide Ads.

Posted here as this is a widespread user issue, rather than a Computer Discussion (Geek-fest!) one.

Capable Browsers include Firefox, Chrome, Chromium.

Not sure about others, so please add them to the Thread as appropriate.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
yay!! Just what we need to get rid of that pointless EU directive interfering with what we do, especially when you clear out your cache and whatnot and the damned things come back... :lol:

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I've been using Prebake for a week now and can report it does as claimed >>> from cursing and irritation at nearly every twist and turn, Browsing has now become a pleasure again.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its not perfect but its knocked a lot of them out :)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Now if only it could get rid of the "Would you like to complete a survey for this website?" and "Would you like to chat with an advisor?" pop-up boxes, that'd be nice, I get so sick of those, they're as annoying as the cookie warnings...

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Have you subscribed to "Fanboy's Annoyances" - not sure if it deals with those specific popups, but it gets rid of most of the silly "Social Media" stuff that irritates the hell out of us luddites!