Rover ST-4 Discovery meter

A nonymous

Reaction score
OK lads need a bit of help here.

I started a new job last week meaning i lost my beloved DM16C meter and have ended up with a ST-4 Discovery. Not complaining as its a good meter :D

Anyway to cut a long story short i moved my dish to a different location yesterday in order to get 30w back.
Everything went well and i fitted everything back to the wall and then came to re-aligning the dish back on to 1w only to find that 1w isn't programmed into it 'O'-red

Anybody know if there is a way to manually add a satellite to this meter as i have had to re-align my dish using the old fashion way of using the built in sat finder on my DM 600 which hasn't really given the best results :-doh!

Any help would be appreciated.

:-beer

Nano

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Nano,

Satellite programmes or plans need uploading to the meter from a SMART software application.

To get around it quickly, press and hold the barscan button (bottom right) for 2 seconds to enter the LNb config settings. Enter your required info ie, freq, polar & band, s/rate & fec. Go back to spectrum and the marker will be at centre freq in the correct IF band.

To add the satellite, download SMART software, enter the Tp's as a new satellite and upload to meter. Speak to MTD for smart software licence.

SM

A nonymous

Reaction score
Much appreciated. I'll give Martin Turners a ring in the morning :D

Now maybe i can get the dish on the arc correctly :-lmao

:-beer

Nano

mkgigs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm technomate 5200usb promax tv explorer
My Location
uk Staffordshire
You can download a trial of the software from _www.roverinstruments.com it will allow you to use it for 30 days. take it you working for avonline you could ask a manager if they can get you a pasword for the software

mkgigs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm technomate 5200usb promax tv explorer
My Location
uk Staffordshire
How do you find the rover st4. When I was using them I found them very slow to take readings also slow to catch up when aligning satellites.
I much prefer my promax explorer.Its faster and found it as accurate as the rover when side by side.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Yes the Rover has a slow spectrum trace on satellite mode.