tv_sinclair

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dell 5150
Sky+
Humax 9150
My Location
Fife
I bought a Rover STC from Ebay for a ridiculously small price but the Rover site seems to be showing just the home page. Iv managed to load the 2 transmitters that I use by autoscanning but they cant be named. Do I need the software in the Rover site to load in preset transmitters. Tx

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome.

Meter information is shown on this page _http://www.roverinstruments.com/prodotti.php?idprod=118

You'll need the S.M.A.R.T software application for data management in order to add or edit memory plans. Either load the CD supplied with the meter or download from site [you may need to register on the site to obtain a licence key] :)

vma

Reaction score
Website
vma-satellite.blogspot.pt
My Satellite Setup
RX: 3 motorized DiSEqC-1.2 dishes (100cm, 110cm, 120cm) + 7 regular dishes.
Main receiver: Vu+ Duo + many others & IRD
TX: Modulators for DVB-S/C/T + Dektec Modulators
Field Meter: Emitor, KWS, Kathrein, Unaohm, Promax, Spaun, Rover Instruments, ...
My Location
Portugal
Rover Instruments updated their website this week. The old one has been replaced by a completely new one!

You probably tried to access their site exactly during maintenance.

It is up and running again.

In order to edit/upload channel lists (called "plan"), you need the SMART PRO version: you download the SMART software and then buy the license activation for the PRO version. If you install SMART for the first time, you will be allowed to use the PRO version for a limited amount of time. Use this trial period to update and edit the transponder lists (you can download ready made ones from Rover Instruments, as well).

Congratulations for the great purchase. It is not frequent to be able to get a professional Rover Instruments meter "at a ridiculously small price".

Beware that your's is working: some months ago there was one on sale, which had problems with the tuner. You should test your meter by checking known frequencies and, if possible, compare the measured values against a reference (calibrated) meter.

Regards,
vma

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Yes I bought one like that, but in all fairness the person swapped it for a much newer working one(I know its ok as it gives the same readings as my other STC and S2 unit)

tv_sinclair

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dell 5150
Sky+
Humax 9150
My Location
Fife
Thanks for the info..Rover site working now. Hope I havent got the one with duff tuner as I just noticed transponder 42 not working.

vma

Reaction score
Website
vma-satellite.blogspot.pt
My Satellite Setup
RX: 3 motorized DiSEqC-1.2 dishes (100cm, 110cm, 120cm) + 7 regular dishes.
Main receiver: Vu+ Duo + many others & IRD
TX: Modulators for DVB-S/C/T + Dektec Modulators
Field Meter: Emitor, KWS, Kathrein, Unaohm, Promax, Spaun, Rover Instruments, ...
My Location
Portugal
Don't think so... The one with the broken tuner had oxidation due to water and would not tune anything, if I remember it correctly.

You are probably using an outdated transponder list or you are not configuring DiSEqc (or some other setting) correctly.

Any question with the meter, let me know.

Cheers,
vma

tv_sinclair

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dell 5150
Sky+
Humax 9150
My Location
Fife
Discovered 42 not working when I used it to check an install we had done 4 mth ago. Customer said 5* was breaking up and the meter said 42 was coming and going, couldnt fathom it so changed the cable on spec. Customer still complained so checked it again with my Wolsey..so my STC cost me another cable run. Oh well:) Thanks for the info VMA..I'll try and update/download from Rover site and see what happens.

Kiril Kirkov

Reaction score
HELP! HELP! HELP! Paul please can you help here, I c that you understand enough about those rover master STC. I just bought one but seem to me there is only astra and hotbird loaded into it. Is there any chance to load or create manually satellite list with the rest of the satellites? Thanks a lot!
HELP! HELP! HELP!

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
I would say the information you need is in the above post #3.