Russian TV in Spain

A

Archive4

Have been working for a dutch lady today in La Zenia who want´s Russian TV for her husband. I think 11W is best with 80cm dich should be OK. Anyone else been asked for Russian tv, and found it?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Russian stuff on 11w is in c-band and requires a 1.2m dish at least, and a c-band lnb.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Sorry, H: I "lost" your original response whilst shifting the OP from a 2E Topic :-doh

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I think he'd get away with a 1m on 11w... It's a very strong signal here in UK. No guarantees that it will stay that way...

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Yes but that is the 8psk mix so would require a DVB-S2 capable receiver.

A

Archive4

Thank you Gentlmen for your advice. Huevos, this is your patch, will be happy to reccommend you to do the install while I sort out the electrical problems and do the painting!

Last edited by a moderator:

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
I really don't have a clue about Russian TV.

CJ, are the channels on 13E a waste of time?

Normally in a case like this I get the customer to supply their own receiver and tell me what they want the dish pointed at. And also tell me some channel names so I can test dish size from home.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Depends on what you want... 13E channels are fine for news and general entertainment shows/series but things like international movies and most sport events are castrated.

5E has a lot of Baltic versions of Russian channels, which sit somewhere in between the "native" and "international" versions. I'd say 80% comparable to native ones - you need a signal from the Nordic beam (not sure what that's like in Spain) and a subscription to Viasat. 5E also has a lot of Ukrainian channels in FTA on European beam, which carry Russian shows with Ukrainian subtitles. Same goes for Amos 4W channels.

16E has a bunch of Moldovan versions of NTV, STS and TNT in FTA, which are close to native programs but time shifted and video quality leaves a lot to be desired.

46E, 53E and 55E have a few Russian channels, some of which are "native". If you have a PC sat-card, you can get quite a good number of these on 55E on the Northern beam.. they are "multistream" so cannot be viewed on a normal satellite receiver.

A

Archive4

I have a cunning plan (Baldrick),need to go to one of my suppliers, galaxy innovations in Elche, next week, believe they are Russian, so should be able to advise what is best for my area. Will post response when I have info

mouse3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 offset,1.2 simetric ,0.9 offset.
My Location
Transilvania
Hi,
if you want LNC for C band don t spend money with russian/chinese stuff.Quality it s not there,belive me,i m living here and i know wery well.
Try to found samthing from Norsat,SMW and other first class quality,not matter if they are second hand,5-10 years old.Quality it s there and last for longer.
For long times i try to found one C band LNC made from Norsat,SMW and other quality manufacturer but not succes.They are simply out of my range,expensive ant hard to be found here in Transilvania.
Lots of Dx-ers from my country buy chinesse stuff for C band Dx-ing.Are not good,especialy fro fringe areas,like your case.Noise Figure NF must be 10 to 13 K maximum.Above it s useless.
It s strange,but the test shows that older C band LNC from first digital generations made 5-10 years ago proved to be more sensitive for DX-ing compare with today cheap crap.
All the best from Transilvania.
mouse.

A

Archive4

Hi,
All the best from Transilvania.
mouse.

Thank you mouse

Have spoken with Galaxy Innovations who have advised most Russian folk locally are happy with programs available on hotbird or astra 4a (mainly ukranian), I must admit I don´t speak either language ( other than pastoy idiot) so cannot be sure until I set it up.

Mouse, do you live in the shadow of Count Dracul (aka Vladd the Impaller) or is that just legend?

mouse3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 offset,1.2 simetric ,0.9 offset.
My Location
Transilvania
I learn English from TV,and Italian from Mediaset channel on satelit.Thanks to satelite age.
Talking about good and evil,depends if you are one religios man or not.After my opinion it s real,not the legend,have nothing to do with history facts,only writer imaginations.Maybee Vlad it s in the UK now,life looks to be very good there.