S.T.B setup in spain?

pandashoe

Reaction score
i've got a 1.9Mtr dish setup on the costa blanca this was done by an installer, what i'd like to know are there any tutorials on how to setup a skybox as i'm taking a new one over with me, i know that i'll have to change some frequencies but what frequencies do i change and were do i put them?

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
you dont have to change any frequencys with that size dish, thats just somehing the sat companys say to you to get you to call them out to ´set up your system´. You just aim the dish at the satellite as you would in england. And theres your english tv.:)

pandashoe

Reaction score
pandashoe said:
i've got a 1.9Mtr dish setup on the costa blanca this was done by an installer, what i'd like to know are there any tutorials on how to setup a skybox as i'm taking a new one over with me, i know that i'll have to change some frequencies but what frequencies do i change and were do i put them?

thanks m8 i thought at least i had to add extra channels for the strongest transponder signal from the channle islands

brittas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AMD XP2600+
XP(SP3), 400Gb ;
3.5Gb Ram;
My Location
UK
I'm afraid I would have to disagree with you there,from personal experience.
I would qualify it by saying that it depends whereabouts on the Costa Blanca you are exactly.
I have a 1.9M dish and pace sky-box and live in the Calpe/La fustera area and can say that BBC2 is almost non existent, BBC1 lasts till about 9pm (CET) and frequently drops out in cloudy weather,ITV (ch3) lasts till about 8:30 pm if you are lucky (the Ch.Is options make no more than 5-10 mins difference) and until recently Ch4 used to disappear between 3:30 and 6pm and again at about 11pm.
I will eventually get around to obtaining a 2.4M dish which will help a little I am led to believe but in the meantime I am using "other channels" to store TTon4 freq's [at least that is present 24 hrs a day]
If you are having similar problems with ch4 do the following:-->
"services" ->'4' ->'4' -> 12.487,v,27.5,2/3 -> search -> when it shows found channels select what you want and thats it.
Of course you have to use the "other channels" option using the RC when you want to watch any of them.
Some other Freqs for ITV are 10.905(6),V,22.5/6
and 10,758,V,22,5/6
Three different engineers have tried to adjust the dish for better reception and all have failed. :cool:
This reply is for those most recently searching for a solution