Safety equipment

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
What safety equipment do you use for working at heights, and what do you attach it to?

kenny1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised ASC 1.2m,1224 Supermount with C120 Invacom Quad LNB with Matched Feedhorn.
My Location
Scunthorpe
I use similar tackle to this link

_http://www.applegroup.uk.com/shop.htm

2 rope system.

Basic description

Main ladder fastened to the wall via eye bolt and ratchet strap(ladder mate at bottom to foot ladder with non slip mat/leveller), rope is fastened around top rungs and microlite, which then runs down to the base of the ladder where it is attached to keep it tight.

Now using rope grab and harness ladder access is now safe.

If roof access is required,

2nd rope hooked onto the top of the roof ladder, both ladders then ratcheted together nr guttering.

Cows tail(Hook) allows me to hook onto ladders, giving extra point of contact, useful when moving between ladders or transfer of rope grap between 2 ropes.

Using harness ladders can be scaled safetly and once you get into swing doesnt slow you down too much.

If i need to leave the roof ladder-i use the chimney strop(fastnen around chimney connect my harness too it

Hope that helps

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
kenny1234 said:
Main ladder fastened to the wall via eye bolt and ratchet strap(ladder mate at bottom to foot ladder with non slip mat/leveller)
Ok, sorry to be thick, is "ladder mate" is a person or a device? Also, at what level is the eye bolt? And how is it fastened to the wall? What type of fixing? Is this the correct method according to H and S?

Also, what about working on a flat roof where you are surrounded by a 50 foot drop and there is less than a metre between the job and the drop.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Huevos,

Laddermate image attached.

Also take a look at the video for a set up procedure of safety equip (file to large to upload)

_http://www.county-safety-services.com/_docs/ladder_systems.htm

Attachments

• Laddermate.jpg
    Laddermate.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 31

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Huevos said:
What safety equipment do you use for working at heights, and what do you attach it to?

Being sober, checking the weather beforehand, and knowing absolutely when something is out of reach, and not worth the risk.