sat and terrestrial on 1 set

lukekyle

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky tv pace
My Location
bedfordshire
can i have both my sky tv and my outdoor aerial(terrestrial) connected to 1 tv set, with maybe a switching box................

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
lukekyle said:
can i have both my sky tv and my outdoor aerial(terrestrial) connected to 1 tv set, with maybe a switching box................

You can do that anyhow using the RF input on your Sky box no switching box required.

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
There's also the Fortec "Diamond" Receivers, although on Freeview I think they still don't have a 7 day epg or any text services.

See: www.Fortecstar.com .

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
spiney said:
There's also the Fortec "Diamond" Receivers, although on Freeview I think they still don't have a 7 day epg or any text services.

Techsan did provide a sample to many of the badging companies that had a dual sat/TV tuner design, but the rug was pulled from them at the Korean end before it could go to production.

Difficulty is , the additional $8 (then) for a dual design makes it uncompetitive when entering a single market, even though the features are very attractive to 'those that know'.

smante1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 Ci, DreamBox 500S, 1.2 M SatChaser dish, Jaeger 18inch Actuator, PowerCam-Pro, Dragon Cam 4.1
My Location
hounslow, london
we have tested a really cheap DVB S/T receiver from German and it seems to do the job - BigSat DVB -T/S 6800 Premium

digidude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
loads of stuff, i'll get round to listing it all
My Location
De Cymru
the technomate 4200 is also a satellite and freeview reciever in one box