Advice Needed SAT>IP Advice

A

Archive-8

Are you sure that the Sat-IP server Telestar DIGIBIT R 1 supports Unicable LNB?
From the attached image showing the back, it looks like it will work with Quattro LNB (H/H, V/H, H/L, V/L) rings a bell for my Quattro LNB RIP before I changed it to Unicable LNB.
View attachment 110019

Sorry for the dumb question, I have a twin feed from my 28.2°E dish going spare.

I want to add a sat ip box to my existing setup, so can the box work as a 1:1 tuner ? If I only give it 2 feeds instead of the required 4 feeds.

A

Archive7

Sorry for the dumb question, I have a twin feed from my 28.2°E dish going spare.

I want to add a sat ip box to my existing setup, so can the box work as a 1:1 tuner ? If I only give it 2 feeds instead of the required 4 feeds.
According to the manual, the Telestar Digitbit R1 can work with legacy LNB in Single, dual, quad and Quattro
DL the manual from the link I gave earlier.
Here is the part of the spec related to LNB types. Use Google Transaltion to English

Single oder Twin LNB: Der Betrieb mit einem Single oder Twin LNB ist möglich (Anschluss

an Tuner 1 bzw. Tuner 1&2), die Anzahl der Clients entspricht dann 1 bzw. 2.

Bitte setzen Sie in diesem Fall den LNB-Typ auf Quad.

Quad-LNB:
Schließen Sie den DIGIBIT R1 direkt an ein Quad-LNB (Quatro-Switch

LN:cool: oder an die Ausgänge eines Multischalters (1 bis 4 Tuner) an.

Quattro-LNB: Das LNB muss, wie beschrieben, an der Rückseite des DIGIBIT angeschlossen

werden, die Reihenfolge der Ebenen ist wie folgt: Tuner 1 = H/H, Tuner 2 =

V/H, Tuner 3 = H/L, Tuner 4 = V/L.

Unicable LNB: Für den Betrieb an einer Unicable Anlage nach DIN EN 90494 oder

DIN EN 50607 Hier muss lediglich ein Kabel an den DIGIBIT angeschlossen werden,

verwendet wird hierzu der erste Tuner (linke Buchse auf der Rückseite, siehe Abbildung).

Es wird Unicable nach DIN EN 50494 oder Unicable II nach DIN EN 50607

unterstützt. Im Web Interface müssen die Frequenzen für Unicable (Sat-CR)

entsprechend Ihrer Anlage eingetragen warden.

A

Archive7

I wish Telestar would make an English manual also. It can help them to sell it better.

A

Archive7

Please note that the Telestar Digibit R1 (and presumably other dedicated Sat > IP receivers) are good only for FTA channels, since they don't include a CI cam slot or a smartcard slot.
If anyone knows of a box that has this feature, please comment.

A

Archive-8

Please note that the Telestar Digibit R1 (and presumably other dedicated Sat > IP receivers) are good only for FTA channels, since they don't include a CI cam slot or a smartcard slot.
If anyone knows of a box that has this feature, please comment.
I don’t mind it’s fta only.

Got some network bandwidth issues at the moment, between my hdhomerun and FreeNAS.

Then I may be able to add this or similar for sat.