Sat TV from South Africa

The SABC Channels http://www.lyngsat.com/pas10.html 12722V are on a combined beam on PAS10. Botswana TV transmits over the SA beam on PAS7.

Multichoice South Africa can be received only in Southern Africa. I am aware of somebody in southern DRC that gets the whole package on 3.70m PFA.
 
We get MNet in Cyprus on a 2m dish quite well in Cyprus ! But I guess altough it is in the EU, it is quite far south and east.

The antenna must be aimed quite low to the horizon so it would be interesting to hear how far north and west in can be received !

GA

Cupart said:
I'm was wondering if it was possible to pick up any sat signals from South Africa, here in Europe and if so what dish size would one need? I'm quite sure I read a few years ago, that someone in S.A. was able to pick up the old analouge TV3 (from Astra 1 in D2Mac?) channel from Viasat...

Does any one have any experience with this?

Cheers
 
Just a minute. Be careful and don't mess up Multichoice South Africa in Ku-Band on PAS7 and Multichoice Africa in C-Band on PAS10. The lattest is quite popular for many years now all over the Mid East and in Southeastern Europe.
 
Hi - I'm new to this forum and Satellites in general. I am looking for information to see if it is possible to get SuperSports on Multichoice from South Africa in Dublin. I have access to a roof 6 stories high and dish size is not too much of an issue.
This thread had gone round the houses a little and I'm confused.
Is Claasi correct that it just can't happen in Dublin? Any help would be great.
 
I doubt if you can get Multichoice channels that far. Better try with SABC 1, 2, 3, and ETV. Those have a beam to Europe as well and this is confirmed. You then can see if you can get Multichoice.
If my memory is good, I think theres a beam in France on one of your Sats with Supersport 3. I think I saw something like that.
Hope I can help as this is my 100th post and I thought it should be helpful.
 
For Dublin it's almost impossible since 68.5E is 0.3° above the eastern horizon.
 
hucktheberry you can forget it as its virtually on the horizon. Move to South Africa if you want it
 
At least you got 0.3° which means you can work it out if you have LOS.

Just put up a high mast or tower 20 meter....

In Northern Sweden we received Panamsat with this angle and the dish was installed on the local watertower in the town...

It will pick up alot of ground noise so calculate you need a larger dish than what is speced, also a deep dish will help..
 
In that case you live in Africa somewhere. Multichoice only traansmits on the central African and Nigerian beams off 36E
 
Not Africa m8. 500km west off the coast of Morocco, in the middle of the Atlantic. Guess that puts me in the Central African beam. Now all I need is a Multichoice subscription.

:-thumbup
 
Madeira seems to have similar reception conditions like southern Spain from where i read before that the W4 Africa beam can be received as well quite easily.
 
tux233 said:
Not Africa m8. 500km west off the coast of Morocco, in the middle of the Atlantic. Guess that puts me in the Central African beam. Now all I need is a Multichoice subscription.

:-thumbup

Near enough :D




:-Cbigsmil :-Cbigsmil
 
I wish I could exchange my subscription for something else. I don't like multichoice that much. I pay for it as it is only choice here.
 
on 4.5m rsi receive w4 36 e south africa beam on cyprus

the rusia very weak signal will be use circular polarity
 
Solly you mean you get this here http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/mcafricaew4.html in Cyprus ?

If the 4.5m dish is motorized what else can you get there ?

I started this thread http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=52956 some weeks ago and still nobody with a big dish showed interest, neither a very well known sat shop on the island. Let's me think that even for these kind of information they want to see money !!

By the way, as http://www.titosat.com/default.aspx?articleID=8782&heading= writes, the W4 Russia beam can be received with 2.40m there but you have loss if not a circular LNB is used.

Last question: What or who is "rsi" ?
 
Back
Top