d30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 23.5E
TechniSat DigiPlus STR 1
My Location
WILTSHIRE
Hi Guys

I would like to install 65 cm satellite dish + motor onto my house, however I am not sure if It will be fitted rigid.

I am not able to put the brackets below the roof as you can see on the neighbours house.

So I just would like to know if I can fit it as drawn on the picture .

I m thinking to get 3 meter pole. Is it problem if 24 inch K Bracket is as low ?

Is there any other solution if I cant get brackets higher ?

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That would work there, but is there any reason why it can't go on the back, or on the side towards the back? Also, although your neighbour has the T&K brackets that way around, they are designed to go the other way up and in any case, better with two K brackets for something above the roof.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Yes, the back looks a better choice if line of sight is ok. If using a 3m mast, one would need scaffold masting, not thin alloy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 23.5E
TechniSat DigiPlus STR 1
My Location
WILTSHIRE
Actually, backside is not mine but another neighbours. So I can fit it only from the front side or left side (see picture 2). If ill fit it from the left side is it ok if brackets will be at the same level as I mentioned in previous post ? Bear in mind I will need longer pole.

I just moved in and I do not know anybody who could borrow me a ladder as mine is just 3m and I don't want to buy a new one just for a few holes.

d30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 23.5E
TechniSat DigiPlus STR 1
My Location
WILTSHIRE
Also here is screen shot from dish pointer . Do you think that fit it from the left side will be better as from front side?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, the dish will be better on the flank wall, but the brackets need to be higher, 12" K brackets will be fine, you may want to consider hiring a tower, would make it an easy install.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Over the roof TK installs with motor aren't easy, even for installers at the best of times. Several factors to consider; masting, fixings etc and safe access. A tower mentioned above would be ideal. Single width 800mm tower would cost you about £50 a day. You'll have a safe platform to work off.

Do as much home work before hand as possible. There are several installation tutorials in this section.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
if it was a fixed system it should be no problem.
but with a motor as it tracks to the right it may shoot through the shingles and you may loose signal.
ralph

cat010

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
xtrend 9200,dm 500hd
My Location
uk
i did an above the roof line install with a 2 meter pole i found if you use 3 t&k brackets it makes it solidand the dish does not flex as much in the wind

norm360

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S, TD88 Triax Dish + NH210 Motor
My Location
UK
You don't see many of them about, but you could consider mounting the dish on top of the roof itself. Personally I think this looks a lot neater than T&K brackets.

If you do this a couple meters from the crest of the roof you will get a good view of the arc.

[warning]Live external (and unreferenced) link removed[/warning]

cat010

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
xtrend 9200,dm 500hd
My Location
uk
it does look neat, but how would it stand up to 60/70 mph winds?