satellite in Egypt

Leather_Face

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi Guys:-newb
I’m new to the forum but have been reading post for about a week and there are some very helpful posters on this website and it seems like a very good forum so I thought I would get involved.

I am moving to Egypt (Nasr City) with work and I was wondering if anyone knew what types of satellite/cable might be avaliable to me.
I am British and enjoy British sport particularly boxing and football. Are there any packages available that I would enable me to be able to keep up and continue to follow the British sport? (other than watching on the internet) I have been told I would need a 5meter dish to watch Sky Sports and that it may not be possible, is this true? What international channels are available in Egypt?
Any info would be a great help
Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Any cable discussion whatsoever about services in any country is forbidden here, so all replies will have to only answer about the sat services.

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
Satellite TV is very popular in Egypt; you will readily get Nilesat with a fair amount of free English programming on a small dish. Hotbird is also popular in Egypt especially for expats --- will probably require a larger dish e.g. 1.8. In Cairo, I know someone who can pull in the BBC streams on a huge (at least 2.4) dish.

Subscription to ART locally should be pretty 'cheap' from an expatriate's point of view, though it is mostly in Arabic. I think Showtime (probably the better package) is relatively cheap too though I have never subscribed to that one.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I would've thought that Showtime is the package to buy, particularly if you like Football, pretty much every Premiership game is on there, plus a good selection of other sports.

Leather_Face

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Thanks guys, i think showtime looks the best option and it doesnt seem like it will be that expensive!
Thanks again

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i worked at satellite field from 1995 when i was small boy.
i have a good idea about reception in gulf countries and i worked at saudia before.
i have a good idea about old dishes like DH, PARACLIPSE, JONSA,ORBITRIN, KTI AND OTHERS.
i know veryy v
My Location
EGYPT,portsaid
you are welcome MR in EGYPT , the only way to recieve all astra 2d channels in cairo is 3,8 m dish and this now not availabe but there are another way that you can search old metal 3,8 dish used or search about 230 cm paraclipse old that can recieve 90% of asta 2d channels beside all hispast , hotbird and astra 19,2 e.
also you can try this dish from sepatriot dubai.

AlphaOm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital - Thor 5, Thor 6
75cm Visiosat Bisat - Astra1, Astra2, Hotbird
My Location
South Wales, UK
05-10-2009
:d