Satellite Internet

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
How about setting up a heading for Satellite internet, or perhaps change the heading on PC Card Systems to include Satellite Internet. This is a subject which is becoming more and more popular ( mainly because of price comparisons with ADSL ). Many people are considering the change and will have problems with dish installation, particularly with the data only satellites and cards.

Rolf

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
done.
I have assigned you provisionally as moderator. Please indicate by mail/PM if this is not acceptable.
2old

annemarigold

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Will be Monte Pego on the Northern Costa Blanca
Sorry to be a dunce but I can't find the thread.
Anne

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It may be stuck in the archive Anne, we moved the database recently and this was some while ago, there were several threads covering it, may be worth trying a search in that forum and see what comes up, if not ask your questions or make your comments as a new thread, there are still a few interested in the concept.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Good idea as it is coming more and more into the public view. When comparing prices we shouldn't overlook cable broadband of course. Btw (slips in the coup de gras) I'm trialling a 2Mb connection from today on blueyonder and it's pretty quick.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I should have been on a 2Mb DSL connection now, but the bureaucracy wouldn't allow the switch over without a two week cease of service. :(

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
That's so silly Rolf, you should mention it to Oftel or whatever they call themselves these days. I was switched from1 mb to 2 mb overnight. The beauty of cable is that you get the same speed both ways..up and down.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Ah yes, you do with BlueYonder, but not with NTL, Ntl are only 128kb up, even on the 1Meg service, at least DSL are 256kb up.

I still might make the switch, but may go over to NTL's 2Meg service as i will probably need a second phoneline as well.