satellite TV in OZ

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
course a UK based forum might not be the best place to start but there's a whole heap of knowledge out there....

considering disapearing down under. i've scooted around the web a little for ozzie resources and found not a lot. apparently everything's encoded in irdeto 2, so that puts pay to encrypted transmissions unless i want to fork out. so does anyone know what i might get FTA over there, do you know of any oz specific amateur satellite hobbyists/or websites? i'd probably be heading to melbourne.... for C-band stuff, do I just need a different receiver/lnb cause the frequencies are different?

first impressions are that pickings look thin. it might be time to give up the hobby!

over & out.

cts

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
You're leaving us already CTS? :-crying This site usually has quite a bit of general Oz info on alll things satellite, video etc. -

_www.dtvforum.info/index.php?

Llew

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There are also three Aussie sat forums in the big links section. :)

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Close to Southampton
thanks, a further scoot around reveals:

- to get a few FTA channels, digital and analogue, I need C-Band kit plus a large dish 2.4M+ (I've priced one up and see I can get one in oz for little over £130). (Asiasat 2)
- since I speak french I can subscribe to LBF a french package which started up three years ago, the offerings are poor compared to TPS, its in SECA 2 and a 1M dish would pull it in. (whether anyone is 'opening' this package remains a mystery still)
- austech.info seems to have a rather useful satellite section....

that's all folks.

cheerio. cts

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
closetosoton said:
thanks, a further scoot around reveals:

- to get a few FTA channels, digital and analogue, I need C-Band kit plus a large dish 2.4M+ (I've priced one up and see I can get one in oz for little over £130). (Asiasat 2)
- since I speak french I can subscribe to LBF a french package which started up three years ago, the offerings are poor compared to TPS, its in S*ca 2 and a 1M dish would pull it in. (whether anyone is 'opening' this package remains a mystery still)
- austech.info seems to have a rather useful satellite section....

that's all folks.

cheerio. cts
There is a dreambox forum fron Aus, have a dart around it. It might throw up something. Good luck CTS.

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Close to Southampton
john_graydon said:
There is a dreambox forum fron Aus, have a dart around it. It might throw up something. Good luck CTS.

yes i noticed there's quite afew DB fans out there, althought i would imagine they are quite limited as for options of what to "decode".... i'll keep dreaming myself.... cts

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Also, for Irdeto, I'd have thought there's lots of websites discussing that, although maybe not giving the "exact" downloads you might want (!).

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Close to Southampton
spiney said:
Also, for Irdento, I'd have thought there's lots of websites discussing that, although maybe not giving the "exact" downloads you might want (!).

most intriguing, i thought most of what was on offer was irdeto 2 and was secure... i should keep hunting,,, i suppose if only official bouqets can be decoded with correct CAM etc, i supposed a DB could be used for C*rd Sh*ring...

-cts

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Close to Southampton
rolfw said:
There are also three Aussie sat forums in the big links section. :)

erm, a quick scoot around doesn't obvioulsy reveal which ones are oz based...may i have a pointer

i must say i was going to give up the other day, now i seem to be more driven that ever to get "something", at last a real excuse to get a huge dish, here in UK/europe we're spoilt for choice really....

cts