satelltie and DVB-T Module

jokerpoker42

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
set top box
My Location
ireland
I am thinking of getting a 7025 with a satellite module and a dvb-t module. I was wondering is it possible to set up the satellite tuner like freesat so it automatically updates your channels without connecting it to the internet or me doing a scan. Also with the dvb-t module is it possible to edit these channels into the menu e.g. skysports news can be inserted into the genre sports in the freesat mode. Oh merry christmas all

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
You can put any channels you like in any bouquet using DreamboxEdit. It doesn't matter what tuner they are applicable to.

As for 'Updating' what exactly do you mean, updating what ?

jokerpoker42

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
set top box
My Location
ireland
By updating some of the sky channels change frequncies from time to time (I have a basic set top box and I have to re-tune some channels) But my Humax freesat box will do this automatically. I want to set this box up so I dont have to edit it "for years"

I seen on other posts that this can be done using freesat software but editing the DVB-T channels into the same list am not sure. Please help

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
A dreambox does not have that capability. If transponder details are changed you will have to rescan the satellite.

jokerpoker42

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
set top box
My Location
ireland
B16MCC said:
A dreambox does not have that capability. If transponder details are changed you will have to rescan the satellite.

I think it does I have heard of people uploading patches to imulate the freesat box

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
jokerpoker42 said:
I think it does I have heard of people uploading patches to imulate the freesat box

Talk to them then, you have been told it is not feasible so just accept that. Lots of people come on here telling their pub tales, often the majority do not know the difference between cable and satellite and there is always a magic box involved that does everything, the day someone puts one in my hand is the day I will eat my hat