Satlink meters

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
Return it mate if you have just purchased it, get your money back.

macke80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satlink ws6006
My Location
united kingdom
i just send it back for a refund.a good question what to buy??? ws 6950 or ws 6908 ??? any idea ? i am new i just need the machine to align the dish for me and some friends.you look to have more expirience with this kind of sat finder.i find a proper website for satlink with full suport ,software and waranty.
Code:
http://satlinkmeters.co.uk/
please don't buy from any store like i did to save couple of pounds

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Does it have to be a Satlink one? I swear by my FS1 metre...

macke80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satlink ws6006
My Location
united kingdom
i look for something good but not very expensive.under 100 pounds.

jafar awwad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My receiver is truman premier plus.
my dish size is 180 cm.
My Location
palestine
Hellow my friends
Please i want you to explain :
Which is better for spectrum analyser analysis (( i mean more faster and better real time a analysis)) :
ws6932 or ws6966 ??
Do you think that both types are similar in spectrum analyser speed?
which of the two types you advice me to buy?? and how i know Wheather it is original or not??

macke80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satlink ws6006
My Location
united kingdom
hello
i need your help.i have a friend who want european tv but he didn't have the the permision to mount the satellite dish and he ask me if i can mount the dish inside the house in the front of the windows on the tripod.i explain him if he i got the will move the dish the signal will be lost.any ideea.i already got the 80 cm dish.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
It really depends on the window. Some latest double glazing have some polarisers in there which play havoc with satellite signal... but he might be OK. What satellites are you looking to get?

macke80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satlink ws6006
My Location
united kingdom
It really depends on the window. Some latest double glazing have some polarisers in there which play havoc with satellite signal... but he might be OK. What satellites are you looking to get?
intelsat 10-02 or thor 6 at 0.8 w.i have the 80 cm dish wich normaly will be enough to get 85 qualitywich is realy good.the bloody window is it on satellite.
thank you i will give a try

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Where does your friend live?
In the UK we are allowed to put up two satellite dishes, without the need for planning permission, one normal one, for Sky, and the second can be upto 1 Metre, unless there are special circumstances, listed/protected building, etc..
Why is your friend being forced to remove his dish?

macke80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satlink ws6006
My Location
united kingdom
the building maintance team said in the contract the lanlord will not be allowed to have mounted a sat dish.maybe he will have to make the contract with their own company to get some extra money.or maybe because is building is located in the front of a bigger hotel.i don't really know

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
I would advise him to contact his local MP, and the council, so that they can clarify the rules.
Apartment blocks generally use a shared dish system, and have rules regarding this.
No doubt the rules, stating you're allowed upto a 1 Metre dish, without the need for planning permission, is probably due to us being part of Europe, and free trade means that other people, from the EU, can work here, allowing a 1 Metre dish allows them the option to view their own Countries satellite television, which also allows us satellite enthusiats to view numerous satellites, instead of just Sky UK.

macke80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satlink ws6006
My Location
united kingdom
thanks mate.i will talk to them to see what he can do.

BM300

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, 7020, 800HD
HD-USB
8 Dishes
My Location
UAE
I have tried installing a dish behind a double glazed window for few days during my last visit to London.
(it rested on a chair facing the window) :)

The signal from a 80cm dish was enough for Astra and Hotbird during a clear day.
When the dark black clouds came into action followed by heavy rain, the signal was so weak that only few strong transponders remained but with lots of drop outs.
A 1m dish may have solved the problem, but I did not try it.

As for the meter, if you want ro align or fine tune the dish, most of the cheap ones will do the job.
But remeber that most of these cheap meters are a satellite receiver with a screen.
They suffer badly in the sun (you cannot see much without shading them (the same as a colour telephone screen).
The battery also does not last long.

Last edited: