Satlook NIT Digital w/w version

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Just dug out my old meter. Battery not holdng charge so in process of charging ds-charging. But was wondeing what is latests software. Mine has version 2.31 (from 2006). Is that the latest or is there a newer one? And if so can anyone let me know the changes/improvements.

Many thanks

Happy New Year

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I believe that is the last software edition, certainly according to the Emitor site.:)

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Have had machine on charge now for over 30 hours still on standard charge. Is that normal for a machine that hasn´t been used for a long period? Thought it would be in trickle charge mode by now. Shows 100%.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I normally charge mine over night, it is always on 100% and trickle charge when I look at it in the morning.

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
I disconnected the charger and tested but battery died after about 2mins. So battery is knackered, will have to source new one. Expensive toys these things, only used it a few times and so far one new tube (somehow old one went short ciruit), now one new battery. Fingers crossed thats the end of the probs, though I will accept the battery failing is down to me. I will have to diarise a charge and discharge procedure. Any idea what would be a good peroid to do this? Charge once a month, or charge once a month (say 1st), discharge at end of month then recharge?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Not really sure I can help on that, as I've used and charged mine very erratically. As it isn't my main meter it can also be sat for a month or so without being used, but I do make a point of using it periodically, it's great for quick setup of motorised systems.:) If you use it and charge it once a month, that should hopefully maintain the battery.:)