sct

Status
Not open for further replies.

howard

Reaction score
hello all, I have a humax f1-vaci, a seca cam and 5 package card.I receive the usual (taq,palco,etc) but not sct. It says 'viaccess not applicable' but I thought sct was decoded with viaccess. Any ideas ?
cheers
howard

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 01-Feb-01 AT 11:27 PM (GMT)[/font][p]Well first of all, Viaccess is not the same as Seca/Mediaguard. So you should not expect a Viaccess-encrypted channel to be decoded via a Mediaguard card. You would need a Viaccess card!

Secondly, SCT actually transmits simultaneously in Irdeto and Viaccess. See here: http://www.lyngsat.com/hb2.shtml
So you might try an Irdeto CAM/card. The DIY pirate Viaccess card hex/bin files do not yet contain keys so you'd have a job getting that to work...

2old

howard

Reaction score
hello again, I think I'm missing something here. We've established that sct is encrypted with viaccess and my humax f1-vaci has an embedded viaccess card so I presumed it would decode for me ?
thanks again
Howard

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Your Humax (like many others) has an embedded Viaccess CAM, not an embedded card. The CAM (Conditional Access Module) is a piece of circuitry which can decrypt the signal, but it works in tandem with a smartcard. The Smartcard tells the receiver which if any of the Viaccess channels you should be given access to.
Think of the CAM as a component of the tuner. The card is the real key.

Your Humax receiver will have a slot somewhere for inserting a (viaccess-)smartcard into that embedded Viaccess CAM.

2old

howard

Reaction score
thanks 2old, is a viaccess smartcard something that could be made with a millenium II programmer and wafer card ?
howard

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Supposedly yes, but in practise the files floating around at the moment do not work. Most or all of them do not contain working keys. But they will eventually...

But why not program a Wafer for Seca/Mediaguard since you already have that CAM? Then you'll open up dozens of nature channels... including the two 24-hr Taquillas (if they aren't indeed already in your 5-package card).

And if it's specifically SCT you want, you can also program a wafer for the Irdeto version and use it in an Irdeto CAM.
Of course, then you need to lay out money for the Irdeto CAM (upwards of GBP 100).
Incidentally, if you buy the Humax 5400 you would have a built-in Irdeto CAM...

2old

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Talking of sct, This month i find taquilla nature channels
freezing on me after about 30mins. Retuning the channel seems to work. Is this related to instructions being sent to the card causing this or my software again?

hi 2old4this :))

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Probably your software.
Satturk software works for me.
Try this link:
http://geocities.com/satfiles2/satturk0502.zip

Alternatively you could try a secanix anti-reset file:
http://geocities.com/satfiles2/Auto-antiseca.zip

2old

jimmi

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
2old, satturk works for me as well, but what is your recommended file for autoupdate on seca ? to get rid of new file programming every month ?

thanks for your reply, in advance

cheers
------
jimmi

howard

Reaction score
2old, both of these links say 'page not available' do they still work?
thanks
howard

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
For AU You need a valid MK & PPUA to add to your card.

Zansi.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
My recommendation?
Don't use Auto-update at all...
There are far fewer problems with non-au software (eg no hassles with false key updates) - so you can choose yourself - either you program fixed keys once a month or else you risk losing your picture and having to reprogram potentially several times per month...!
2old

jimmi

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
zansi, i have valid MK01 and PPUA, but i guess the files available on net have problems. sometimes they just stop without any reason. and thats where i guess 2old is right. i still have to find an AU file which works fine both on seca and irdeto.

any other info. will be appreciated

cheers
------
jimmi

howard

Reaction score
2old, I'm still after sct. Would you recommend buying an Irdeto cam and loading freecam or buying a cam, programmer and blank wafercard

Status
Not open for further replies.