seca keys

howard

Reaction score
hello, how come my 9x4 digit seca codes are different to all the others I find on the web ?(usually just the first 4 digits) and can anyone let me have a converter to change hex to remote ?
thanks
howard

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
In principle, there's nothing to stop each author of the various different versions of hacked mediaguard software files from using their own unique algorithm to get from the digits you enter via trhe remote to the actual key which needs to be placed in the card.
I might for example write a version of the software which takes the digits you enter and subtracts my shoe-zize to give the correct keys. It's arbitrary. And it doesn't matter so long as you have appropriate instructions.

So you MUST have instructions which go with your software. And those instructions will tell you how to convert. It's nothing magic by the way. The nine 4-digit values that you enter are simply decimal equivalents of nine 2-byte hexadecimal values. The first of the nine values typically identifies the provider (through some arbitrary numeric identifier that the author dreams up) and key-ident, and the remaining eight are the key value.

The Windows calculator includes a decimal to hexadecimal conversion facilty.