Advice Needed Second Satellite Advice

elsmandino

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Linux Server (Running Openmediavault for OS and TVHeadend for PVR).
Internal TV Tuner Cards - Hauppauge HVR-2200 (Dual DVB-T) & Hauppauge Nova HDS2 (DVB-S2)
Server connected to multiple Raspberry Pis (running Librelec) via Gigabit Network.
My Location
Essex, England
I am thinking of installing a quad DVB-S2 SAT>IP to my network, so I can stream 28.2E channels across my network.

I am also thinking of connecting the new system up via unicable, so I only have to run a single coax from my current minidish to the SAT>IP device.

All this tinkering has got me thinking about the possibility of other satellites and I was wondering what the possibilities are.

1. Firstly, a very subjective question, but is there enough content on other FTA channels to make it worth it?

I am currently learning German and we are encouraging our young son to learn French, so I guess on this basis alone it should be worth considering, even if there were not many English speaking channels to consider.

2. If I wanted to go with a second satellite, what should I be looking for? Should I consider something like a monoblock to pick up 13 and 19.2 east or should I go with a motorised system to pick up a range of satellites?

3. From a practical perspective, how would a second satellite fit into my proposed system?

Is DiSeQ compatible with unicable or would I have to run three coax leads from the SAT>IP device to my existing mini dish and then the third to the additional satellite dish?