Second Sub

steviewilson

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
If I want a second subscription to sky is it up to me to get the extra LNB, cables, box etc fitted or do sky do that too or will they only provide the card?
I can get another digi box for nothing so to watch the footy in one room and leave the missus to watch a film in the living room would only cost me £12 a month, right? Anyone with experience here let me know how to go about setting it up please.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Strangely enough, the most expensive part of this exercise will be buying the twin LNB and running the cable. Depending on which type of dish you have, see what type the lnb is and then order a twin LNB from someone like CPC or one of several other online companies. Installing is as easy as disconnecting the F connector, sliding one out and inserting the new one, then reconnecting the F connector and connecting up the second cable which you will have run to your alternative box.

Rolf

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
A point worth noting is that both boxes have to be connected to a active phone point, this is a condition of supply of the second card and is enforced by Sky!!

zansi

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
If you have a minidish, which is likely, then this site sells a quad LNB for a minidish for £55 that’s fits all makes of minidish, which is probably about the cheapest you will find anywhere except ebay at times. If you have a Channel Master minidish you should be able to get a Twin LNB, but it probably won’t be much cheaper than £55.

http://www.brymar.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Satellite_LNB_s_27.html

Of course a another new dish and single LNB is actually cheaper.

If you call Sky they will install the system but I believe they only do it if you buy the second digibox from them (for which they charge £169).

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That's a very good price, about the same as I pay at wholesale.

rolf