Second subscription issue?

mitch40

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Top spec pc ,sky digital ,ntl broadband.
My Location
Scotland
Bit of a problem here, Ive got sky digital with full package and had it for years.now I want to get sky installed for my mum, with me paying for it through my account,Phoned sky to discuss this and discounts etc, they said its an no go, ie second subscriptions can only be at the same address,which cost only an extra tenner, but my mum would have to open the account herself and pay the full subs etc.because of the seperate address issue...... Now Ive been thinking if i take out the second subscription at my address ,hook up their box etc and take mine to my mums which dosent reqd to be phone connected as my contract is years old,and once ive got her sky freeview system installed replace that box with mine,and bobs your uncle shes got the full pack for a tenner, ... Someone depress me and tell me why its not possible.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you have a mirror subscription, both boxes need to be connected to the same phone line, so your idea will not work I'm afraid.

mitch40

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Top spec pc ,sky digital ,ntl broadband.
My Location
Scotland
thats blown it ,but still a few grey areas i believe my box does not req to be connected just the new one as its subsidised, and phone connection for my own was only for box office, its not been connected for months anyway..

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Even if your original box was not connected to the phone $ly insist that BOTH are connected if you want a reduced fee subs on a second box.

Are they thinking what you're thinking?

You betcha.

PaulR

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
indeed for a mirror sub, Sky will police the phone connection.

on the bright side, you might get a few months with second sub at a tenner - if you can get the installation done as a mirror of course.

All this fiddling-Sky thoughts ..... two things:
a) as posted, they've already thought of it
and
:cool: once it's posted all over internerd forums, any fiddle will likely stop working ;)