sending trapcode error - blue titanium

r4lph

Reaction score
I read all information here and in other forums concerning the problems erasing the blue titanium card (trapcode error). I tried to follow the suggestions but couldn’t get past “sending trapkey” while erasing the card with Titanium Card Progger V1.10.0.

I’m on XP-home 2GHz Intel Pentium 4 using a masterCRD3 programmer in mode1 (Mouse 3.58 MHz). The programmer is powered by an external +9V supply, the titanium has been tested again by the dealer and is ok. I found the following suggestions and tried them all:

- disable FIFO buffer for COM

- open other applications like Winword, Excel, Outlook etc

- press CTRL-ALT-DEL a few times to awake Card Progger

- connect to the internet while Card Progger is sending trapkey

- disconnect and again connect the serial cable a few times

- try to run the programmer in mode 8 (Phoenix 3.58 MHz)

- open Explorer and try a large search for files while Card Progger is sending trapkey

- clean the contacts of the card

Now there are no more ideas left on my side L

Any advice would be much appreciated.

At least this is a summary of opportunities to get past the trapcode error on a blue titanium.

It didn’t work for me but maybe it’s helpful for others. If anyone has any new suggestions please add it here so others may benefit.

thx

r4lph

BTW: all this is not my work, I just collected it

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
On this site you will fine earlier versions of Tit programmer , V 1.7 , 1.9, and 1.8 you could one of these. I use 1.8.1 and find it works best , it may hang for some time but works for me.

r4lph

Reaction score
@razor

thx for that advise. I actually tried Card Progger from V1.5 up to V1.10.2
without any success.

Card Progger is using my CPU's bandwith to 100% all the time while erase
is started. Is that normal?

regards
r4lph

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
Try the programmer that comes with the mighty bosum (TM:cool:. That got past trapcode first time with my card, no problem.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think we may have that in the utilities and downloads section, it is the one by TJ. :)

radtv

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
I have xp, where can I find the fifo buffer to disable?

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
Go to Start; right click My Computer then Properties, click the Hardware tab then Device Manager.

Expand Ports (COM & LPT) on the tree; right click the Com port you are using, then Properties, Port Settings and click on Advanced - then you'll see the option :D - thanks Bill Gates for making windows so easy!

r4lph

Reaction score
@guiri

thx for the suggestion.
I gave it a try with TMB 1.8.3 and it came up with the message "No CARD !!!" after I pressed ERASE TC. I double-checked it with another titanium, same result. Both of the cards tested by the dealer to be ok.

thx neway
r4lph

r4lph

Reaction score
in addition I tried to downgrade and upgrade with Titanium Updater 2.0.
Got stuck at "Trapping titanium card... please wait" :-(

r4lph

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
Are you getting an ATR before attempting to erase the card?

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
If you are not getting an ATR, it means that either the cards are stuffed or something is already programmed on the card.

When the dealer tested them, did he erase them and leave an ATR on the card? It could be that your programmer is faulty?

I just re-read your post as well. You'll definitely want phoenix mode on your programmer.

Regards

r4lph

Reaction score
When I connect to the programmer with Titanium Card Progger I got "No ATR ! unsupported Titanium OS found." So I believe there's no ATR. I'm not sure now if my programmer is ok. I do not have any other cards here at the moment to check.

thx for the suggestion
r4lph

gjones

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
home
r4lph said:
When I connect to the programmer with Titanium Card Progger I got "No ATR ! unsupported Titanium OS found." So I believe there's no ATR. I'm not sure now if my programmer is ok. I do not have any other cards here at the moment to check.

thx for the suggestion
r4lph

I have never gotten the titanium v.10.2 to work. I use this tj1965 v1.1
here on this site, just go to this link:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=23946

You have to use a programmer that has a phoenix mode at 3.57 mhz
This tj1965 prog automatically erases the card. Try this and your card will probable work. Tj1965 v1.1 is much faster that the titanium v1.10.0/1/2.

r4lph

Reaction score
@gjones

thx for that advice.
I tried to erase my titanium with Titaniumloader from TJ1965 both V1.0 and V1.1 already
without success. It displays "Trapping card.." and after about 20 minutes "Trapping card failed."
My MasterCRD3 was set to phoenix mode at 3.58MHz and i gave it a second try in mouse mode 3.58 MHz. No luck :-(

thx again for trying to help
r4lph

r4lph

Reaction score
I checked the programmer with a few funcards and it fails to operate succesfully.
It seams it's defective and I send it back to the dealer by tomorrow.

thx again to all who tried to help me
r4lph