Series Link Problem

X__Gandalf__X

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +
My Location
UK - Darlington
Hi all. Series link often fails recently (example - Coronation Street has failed several times in recent weeks). After a failure, I series link it again. It then records the next episode, but fails to set itself to record the one after. It doesn't fail with most things. Any help appreciated - thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, didn't spot this, did you get it sorted in the end?

X__Gandalf__X

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +
My Location
UK - Darlington
No, still not sorted. Been happening regularly for over a month now. A search around the net tells me many Sky + customers are suffering with the same problem, so I'm suprised it's not been discussed before on this forum. The ITV channels seem to be the ones where the problem arises (for me and for other's). Nobody seems to know if the problem is at Sky's end or at ITV's.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HD & Sky+
My Location
Buckinghamshire
Hi,
I have only just found this thread.
I complained to Sky because Corrie works most of the time with the exception of the Monday 08.30 p.m. episode. They said that this was something to do with Regional Broadcasting. End of story. I asked for an explanation, so they said Technical would call me. Noone has bothered after three weeks.
I am quite angry as this is part of the service we pay £62 per month for.

X__Gandalf__X

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +
My Location
UK - Darlington
davidthegolfer said:
Hi,
I have only just found this thread.
I complained to Sky because Corrie works most of the time with the exception of the Monday 08.30 p.m. episode. They said that this was something to do with Regional Broadcasting. End of story. I asked for an explanation, so they said Technical would call me. Noone has bothered after three weeks.
I am quite angry as this is part of the service we pay £62 per month for.

Sorry to hear you've got problems. Mine sorted itself out probably around September last year. Seem to remember Sky were suggesting the broadcaster was to blame.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
It might of been a software bug of course :)

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HD & Sky+
My Location
Buckinghamshire
Further to my earlier posting. Here we are in August 2008 and it still does not work on the second episode of Corrie on Monday. Surely Sky can get this sorted. I wonder how many Sky subcribers who don't subscribe to this forum are missing that episode.
I wouldn't imagine the advertisers targetting that slot would be impressed. Come on Sky, you and ITV need to sort this out.

X__Gandalf__X

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +
My Location
UK - Darlington
Hi David. No problems for me for not far off 2 years now. I reckon it's a communication problem between Sky & your local broadcaster. I live in the North East. Suggest you talk to Sky subscribers local to you. If you're all having the same problem and you threaten to leave Sky in mass, my guess is they'll get it sorted. Good luck.