Seriously big dishes, are they one-piece?

divibi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dvb-s pci card
85 cm offset dish
My Location
London
Hello,

I have no immediate need to know, but for the sake of knowledge and curiosity:) ; do dishes like 6,50m 7,50m, 9,30m Andrew, 10m Siemens (that Turok mentioned), 15m RSi Vertex come with a solid ONE-piece reflector surface? Personally, I would always go for single piece dishes. So far I only came across info about one Turkish solid 1- piece spun aluminium 6,20m dish. But I also read that dishes over 5,00m should or must be made of steel and a big aluminium dish could quickly deteriorate in colder climes.

Additionally, I read that Klaus Schumacher from southern Brazil made his own 8m dish from a negative concrete mould; so is his a one-piece dish??? If so then that would be the biggest one-piece dish I've heard of so far. And is it fiberglass?

andmac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar2, nokia9902, xcam, matrix, tpfld 3000cipp
I dont think any dish more than 3.2m solid would fit in a container unless it was manufactured on the spot.4,3m i set up yesterday 16 pieces alloy.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
you need big dishes,no problem:)
you only need much much $$$

also i nice 7.6 M Andrew Gregprian
how about this?

looks also very nice and should be enough,for central europe in c and kuband i think!

here,a nice company from switzerland,only 150 km away from my location!

so if i would win in lottery,i would buy everthing on that you can see on this page,and then,some satelites uk mebers,must come to help installing!

**/www.globotech.ch/html/antennen.htm
l

espasly the vertex rsi Torus,looks very nice,you have gain winning on all satelites,without using motor of ,4,5 meter in c and kuband!
there is a distrubutor in london,so try to find out more infromation how much this little baby would costs:)

in swoterland,there are many experts,but its to expensive with the import tax!

when you buy andrew today,it is dificult to find,single antenna parts for ech modell ,usa import is then the only way!

ps_are the some pictures,of the curent andrew setup,you also have motor solution?

i dont think that we here in europe can "use" a 10 mter dish,i want to say,with 7 .8 meter all weak satelitessignals,should be posible!
but,without testing it,we will never know it!

from the brazil man,we only need a orginal model of the casting box,of the 8 meter antnna,with this,then,we could make our own antennas!
good night,until tomorow evening!

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hi!
here,iam back again,with some nice ebay,offers from usa,that i just found!

i would say this are our dream antennas:)

Ofer 1

Vertex 13 Meter!!

h**tp://cgi.ebay.at/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370084578001&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AT:1123

11 Meter!

special Offer 2
h*ttp://cgi.ebay.at/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370084578055&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AT:1123

9.2 Meter

this should be enough for my usage:)

Offer 3

Nice Andrew 7 Meter Antenna

*ttp://cgi.ebay.at/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370084578319&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AT:1123

and here 2 Times a 9.2 meter Antnna!

*ttp://cgi.ebay.at/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370084578397&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AT:1123