4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
I spotted that Middle East bit as well
Here (Miraclebox s9) Freq. Area is set to 'Europe', cannot be changed. Am guessing it's just the default manufacturer regional software basics for sat names\positions\channel lists. 'Europe' has presets for 95e to 45w, but any of these can be used for anything, and edited for name & degrees, + there are some blanks 'user' sats.

A

Archive4

I´ve tried to find a user manual, the two files I downloaded were .rar and had .exe files in them, so I dumped them!

It would appear from the screen shots that the service search is only looking for radio channels, not tv and radio, which is rather strange. I have come across many receivers that allow you choose, but normally it´s quite obvious. Could some form of software corruption cause this? Or is there another settings screen within the system where you can specify tv or / and radio?

4wd, what options do you have for this? I know you stated the motherboard is the same, but software is possibly very different.

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location

Attachments

• sear.jpg
    sear.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 14
A

Archive4

I´ve just asked the manufacturer for a pdf version of the manual, but as they are in Dubai it may not be answered today.
Also appears the system is set for diseqc and usals which should not make any difference on a direct motor system, but it appears something isn´t right and every bit of info helps

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
Nice dedicated input from those involved in this thread. respect-048.gif

Westindieman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Star Track 2014HD with motorised dish
My Location
UK
Nice dedicated input from those involved in this thread. View attachment 90237
Agreed and thanks again. The example I have given in the pictures of HD CBBC. I watch it but the scan shows no channels found. I want Channel 5 HD but it isn't working and someone may say it isn't free to air but I don't think that's the point. The point is why are there no TV channels in my search results. There isn't an option to do free to air, the option I have selected is all and it is reporting what is found for TV and radio. Have just tried the blind scan again to the same result.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
C5HD is a pay channel and wont work without a Sky HD subscription. (At the moment - it may change in the not too distant future)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you want my honest opinion junk that jiggered around box and buy a decent receiver that we can help you get going properly.

Theres absolutely no knowing whats been done to that receiver before you got it by the pay server wallahs.

A

Archive4

You won´t get ch5 HD without a sky card, or slightly illegal system to remove the encryption. Hopefully, ch5 HD will be free to air soon, but you won´t be able to see it until you can scan on the box.
No reply from Dubai yet, but I and other forum members will not give up, I promise!

Edit, just read reply from one of the forum Titans. He is correct, would be easier to get new receiver ( well known one ) and the fix may be a lot easier. Either way, I ain´t given up yet:D

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
^^ yes, always the possibility the box may have been somehow lobotomized due to it's former life dealing with (quote) "over priced subscription".

Westindieman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Thanks, and I totally agree with replacing the box.

A

Archive4

I hope you are not giving up that easily!
I assume you have terrestrial tv to fall back on, so before you buy a new box, try something adventurous:D
I figure you know enough to re-input the usals position settings, so go for a factory reset and try from scratch.
What have you got to loose?

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Yep, been there a few times, trying to find the op manual from a " safe site ", but with only 2mb download it takes a while!

Had a look at a download, the main file is *.ird, which is the same file type as is running on my Miraclebox motherboard.

So these files should basically be legit, but only a flashing will tell what will happen and what they'll do, and also there are 7 different downloads for SRT 2014 HD's mentionned, so which is the right one. More fun for the OP :O)

Westindieman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Oh I haven't given up and I already have a cable subscription running on my downstairs TV. I have this box connected to upstairs TV which doesn't have an HD tuner. I'm a bit nervous about doing the reset yet as there aren't any major issues, I just don't understand what the scan is doing.

A

Archive4

I am glad to here that!
What other sats have you stored on the system and have you tried scanning one of them?
How many channels are stored on the box?
Have you checked to see if there is an option to scan tv only?

WHATAGOAL1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4, 1.8channelmaster, tm5402, tech1500, db920
My Location
Leic
just getting into this, and then NOTHING

wonder what was the outcome?

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
Agreed... i wonder what happened?
as with all our problems, its probably something simple that been missed.
Wonder if he changed that "Middle East" to "Europe" and it worked?

Westindieman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Oh sorry, I haven't bothered with the box too much since. I remember doing a reset and new scan and it showed results for one satellite. I then tried to scan other satellites and got no results. Shortly after that I started paying for an IPTV service so haven't bothered much with the box. I might in the future replace it with something easier to manage as I cannot record from IPTV.