SES-6 Tests: Now on 40.5W

satesco

Specialist Contributor
My Satellite Setup
seven antennas,one toroidal with 16 lnbs,
6 satellite receivers,2 Meters,9 PC cards(tbs6983,6903,6590,6504,6522,6209,2603,6909X,6903X,6902se,skystar hd2),2 tuners usb-tbs5927, TBS5927SE USB & tbs5925,Skystar HD.
Satellite reception between 100.5E-50.0W
My Location
Romania
There are testing at 26 W with the new SES -6, before replacing the NSS 806 at 40 W.I found out a test signal on Ku-band carrier.Who wants to check it,to try now:
 

Attachments

  • signal on SES-6-26W.webp
    signal on SES-6-26W.webp
    86.8 KB · Views: 114
Coming in nicely here too.
 
Another one test carrier:
 

Attachments

  • 11017-26W.webp
    11017-26W.webp
    96.6 KB · Views: 91
Here the first carrier active-11072V- on the SES-6 after it was successfully placed at 40.5 W.
 

Attachments

  • 11073 V.webp
    11073 V.webp
    97.6 KB · Views: 54
Now lets hope she has some traffic in DVB with clear video or audio :)
 
Satellite operator SES (Astra) the stage of technical tests, today announced the commercial operation of a new telecommunications satellite SES 6 on target orbital position 40.5 ° W. These 53 Satellite SES successfully plotted the carrier rocket Proton.
 
Any traffic yet?
 
I assume most of the initial traffic will come from NSS806? Launched Feb 1998 shes well past her best!
 
Here is another test carrier-10999 V on SES -6 at 40.5W!
 

Attachments

  • SES-6 10999 V.webp
    SES-6 10999 V.webp
    80.7 KB · Views: 55
Seeing her too. Wonder when she will carry KU traffic.
 
Hi remlap,I do not think Ku band will be used for UK traffic,possibly Africans providers.Yet for this band,Oi,a brazilian tv provider rented slots.I think the Europeans will be used Ku-band only for feeds and data?I hope I am wrong.
 
Well feeds and data are good for me.
 
Please try to lock signal from 11148 or 11153 V.With the bigger antenna we might know what type of signal is.I do not have that big dish and even over 7 dB fail to lock it. It is certainly modulated signal?

ps_Maybe the title topic should be changed from SES- 6,test on 26.0 W to SES-6 40.5W .
 

Attachments

  • Signal modulat 11148 V.webp
    Signal modulat 11148 V.webp
    69.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Back
Top