ses astra first signal 8k 23.5 e

So, for those who missed this transmission, here's a 60 second TS dump.
MEGA

I don't know how to decode the contents and analyze this TS, so please if anyone succeeds in extracting the audio and video please upload the file to see what's inside!
 
Another demo channel
 

Attachments

  • 8kpids2.webp
    8kpids2.webp
    95.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 8kt1.webp
    8kt1.webp
    75.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 8kvideo.webp
    8kvideo.webp
    43.5 KB · Views: 44
Another one? What frequency?

12676 H & 12690 H: only these 2 transponders are active in this band this time.No one is what we're looking for now.
 

Attachments

  • 23.5E-12676 H & 12690 H_2018-05-26_18-46-04.webp
    23.5E-12676 H & 12690 H_2018-05-26_18-46-04.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 45
No, sorry for the misunderstanding, I mean, just another demo channel like plenty we have for UHD (4 K)
 
Any luck with the TS analyzing?
 
Thank you! If you find some time to upload the dumped TS audio/video file I'd really appreciate it!
 
Another test on 28e this time, I assume it is Astra again.

Satellite: Eutelsat 28A-2A-2E-2F 28.2E
Transponder: 12479 MHz
Polarization: Vertical
Symbol Rate: 30000
FEC: 3/4
Modulation: 16APSK
Standard: DVB-S2
-

Using IP mode.
 

Attachments

  • 8K.webp
    8K.webp
    134.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 8K_2.webp
    8K_2.webp
    211 KB · Views: 22
Another test on 28e this time, I assume it is Astra again.

Satellite: Eutelsat 28A-2A-2E-2F 28.2E
Transponder: 12479 MHz
Polarization: Vertical
Symbol Rate: 30000
FEC: 3/4
Modulation: 16APSK
Standard: DVB-S2
-

Using IP mode.
How do you view the data within the transport stream?
 
I use TSReader in IP mode, then 'record' a few mins and play it back in MPC-HC player. Played very well on my PC with just a little stutter.
 
I use TSReader in IP mode, then 'record' a few mins and play it back in MPC-HC player. Played very well on my PC with just a little stutter.
Ah, that's working. Thanks
 
In my opinon we don´t need 8K as little as we need 4K. It´s only a way to sell new receivers and other equipment. Enough is enough! :)
 
In my opinon we don´t need 8K as little as we need 4K. It´s only a way to sell new receivers and other equipment. Enough is enough! :)

I agree, from seeing Full HD demos (One in particular) back in the day at trade shows I remember being at awe at the image quality, now they watered HD down to complete pixelated/noise filled crap (And that's without motion) so all I see now is 4K that looks like Full HD did back in the day, no better.
 
I agree, from seeing Full HD demos (One in particular) back in the day at trade shows I remember being at awe at the image quality, now they watered HD down to complete pixelated/noise filled crap (And that's without motion) so all I see now is 4K that looks like Full HD did back in the day, no better.
Totally agree. I looked at some SD on Freesat the other night, awful, just like watching a bad recording on VHS.
Quantity over quality again!
 
Back
Top