Setting up a stream is doing my head in can anyone help????

armstream

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DREAMBOX 800 HD
My Location
STOKE
I can stream from my dreambox to vlc on the pc and from the pc across the LAN to a couple of laptops on the same router but i cant get it to my sons house because he is on a different router. i've followed a few guides but nothing on the LAN i have to put the ip: 192.168.2.7 this works everytime but if i type it in down my sons i get nothing. i know the above ip is not my ip address its just the ip of my computer on my router if that makes sense? i've also tried typing my proper ip address in down my sons but still nothing. any help would be great cheers

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
I'm writting a VLC streaming guide, this problem covered in it, will be available online in 2-3 days, be patient :)

armstream

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DREAMBOX 800 HD
My Location
STOKE
cheers mate where abouts will ya post the guide?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hi

If your son is not on your lan then you must set up a dyndns account, and then port forward yopur router to the VLC port. Use the search function, there is a guide in the forum, I used it some weeks ago and got it to work.

armstream

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DREAMBOX 800 HD
My Location
STOKE
i've managed to sort a stream out but soon as i stream it over the WAN my dreambox starts to freeze every ten seconds this doesnt happen on free to air channels though so i'm guessing i need the correct card to stream without many freeze's. i get the feeling i need to create a delay so my computer can store a minute or so instead of sending it straight away from the dreambox and sending it to fast so it has to wait for more information. any ideas?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat

armstream

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DREAMBOX 800 HD
My Location
STOKE
i still can't do it i must be thick. i followed your guide word for word but dreamview wont display any pictures just says no stream out no channels are down the side either.

armstream

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DREAMBOX 800 HD
My Location
STOKE
cheers for all the help i recieved i've managed to set up and stream now

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
armstream said:
cheers for all the help i recieved i've managed to set up and stream now
Any chance you could post what you did to get it working, Thanks

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
I have to apologize for delay - very busy at work, so far, 1st page of manual has been prepared, it misses a lot of data, but still, will give enough info for curious user. I'm hoping I'll finish remaining pages on the next weekend.

Check the attached file, it's in .pdf format

armstream

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DREAMBOX 800 HD
My Location
STOKE
i basically followed the guides word for word i also used a older version of VLC 0.8.6c this worked. getting your DDNS working right with the router was the hardest part for me but i managed to sort it out in the end

armstream

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DREAMBOX 800 HD
My Location
STOKE
cheers for the first part of that guide mate look forward to reading the seconds part cheers

imthedaddy

Reaction score
My Location
Bradford (U.K)
Can some one please help me to were I am going wrong to stream my dreambox 800 over the internet.
I have setup a dydns add, all port forwarding has been done also I am able to get the enigma webinterface on a remote pc when I type in my dydns add in web browser, only thing is that I am not able to get a video or audio stream on vlc. I have tried to set my vlc to stream forward by putting in the deambox i/p in the network stream and also changing the vlc players settings to same as the settings as shown on Bombedone's guide (I use port 8080 and not the port shown on the guide)

I am guessing that my port forwarding is set correct as I can get my enigma webinterface on my remote p.c?