Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm 8000
pc xp pro
90cm dish
multifeed
My Location
SWEDEN
Just got my box and I'm new with the dreambox, its my first one.

I'm having big problems to get the sat settings in to the dm8000 using dreamboxedit or flashfxp. I can't get a wireless connection, I have the right ip and login/password; root/dreambox but it doesn't work!!!'O'-red
I can see the maps on the dm in the explorer but I can't open them..
I have enigma2 with Nabilo_DM8000_PureFlash_25feb09.nfi

Does somebody have a idea what the problem can be?
thanks
//Cas

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
pure flash is just a standard image for general usage......so i believe.

Think about updating the flash to nabilo black hole 0.9 for the 8000 and then try again. The black hole image is more for developers or adding/changing settings on the box

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
Mariana Trench - Pacific Ocean
Sharkadder said:
pure flash is just a standard image for general usage......so i believe.

The Pure Flash is reccommended for multiboot purposes. It is a light, simple CVS, that can be used as a base in flash for the Black Hole in multiboot.
Nabilosat teams offers this solution to ensure drivers and secondstage in flash are updated to work properly with the Black Hole image in multiboot.

Else, you may wish to install the Black Hole directly to flash, which the best solution ;)

Therefore, it is the Black Hole which is for general use, whereas the Pure Flash is for those who prefer to install the Black HOle to multiboot.

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Numerous other receivers (Retired)
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
Prisicely that....and you can also use Gemini 4.20 Image (latest for DB8000) in Flash.....one thing I found with DB8000.....if you use Multiboot in Flash.....and say you install 2 or 3 Images.....then the HDD won't settle to Stand-by (whatever time you apply for it to go to stand-by) whilst if you have only one Image in Flash (being Nabilosat or Gemini.....no Multi boot)....then its ok.... don't know the reason why.

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
zorbua said:
Prisicely that....and you can also use Gemini 4.20 Image (latest for DB8000) in Flash.....one thing I found with DB8000.....if you use Multiboot in Flash.....and say you install 2 or 3 Images.....then the HDD won't settle to Stand-by (whatever time you apply for it to go to stand-by) whilst if you have only one Image in Flash (being Nabilosat or Gemini.....no Multi boot)....then its ok.... don't know the reason why.

What you report is weird.
I installed Nabilosat Pure Flash to the flash of my DM8000, and BH 09 to multiboot, and my HDD will stand by both automatically and manually.

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Numerous other receivers (Retired)
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
DeepDiver said:
What you report is weird.
I installed Nabilosat Pure Flash to the flash of my DM8000, and BH 09 to multiboot, and my HDD will stand by both automatically and manually.

Yes... but do you have another Image in Multiboot besides BH 09?...A friend of mine had the same problem we both had Pure Flash installed ...BH 09 and Gemini in Multiboot ... and....the HDD won't settle to stand by.

sblinx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm8000, dm500hd
linux winXP windows 7
My Location
malta
@DeepDiver

what zorbua is saying is true. i had the same setup and the hard disk kept on running. now i reflashed the box and have the blackhole v0.9 in flash and works fine.

i have been told, but have'nt yet tried it myself, that if instead of the harddisk, we use an SD card ( IMP -not an SDHC card - not recognized) to store the images, the hdd stops when programmed

regards sblinx

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
zorbua said:
Yes... but do you have another Image in Multiboot besides BH 09?...A friend of mine had the same problem we both had Pure Flash installed ...BH 09 and Gemini in Multiboot ... and....the HDD won't settle to stand by.

sblinx said:
@DeepDiver

what zorbua is saying is true. i had the same setup and the hard disk kept on running. now i reflashed the box and have the blackhole v0.9 in flash and works fine.

i have been told, but have'nt yet tried it myself, that if instead of the harddisk, we use an SD card ( IMP -not an SDHC card - not recognized) to store the images, the hdd stops when programmed

regards sblinx

I am not saying that what reported is not true, I say it is weird :)

No, I only have Nabilosat Pure Flash installed to flash, and Nabilosat Black Hole 0.9 installed to CF. And the HDD goes to stand by. I do not know whether having the Gemini installed too would make the difference.

caszw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm 8000
pc xp pro
90cm dish
multifeed
My Location
SWEDEN
DeepDiver said:
The Pure Flash is reccommended for multiboot purposes. It is a light, simple CVS, that can be used as a base in flash for the Black Hole in multiboot.
Nabilosat teams offers this solution to ensure drivers and secondstage in flash are updated to work properly with the Black Hole image in multiboot.

Else, you may wish to install the Black Hole directly to flash, which the best solution ;)

Therefore, it is the Black Hole which is for general use, whereas the Pure Flash is for those who prefer to install the Black HOle to multiboot.

ok thanks, I'll try this later today, I had the multiboot -with blackhole v0.9- before but the dm hanged several times, freeze :mad:

I will update you guys later...