Status
Not open for further replies.

Nufc180

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox dm800hd pvr
My Location
North east England
At the minute i have a dm800hd pvr and i get a line from a friend of a friend my question is im thinking of getting 2-3 technomate boxes to go in the bedrooms is it possible to use my current line and send it to the other boxes like $ky multiroom. if so it it possible to do it without the other person knowing lol. ill say what i think you have to do but please correct me if im wrong. Downstairs uses a motorised dish. But upstairs we use the old sky dish which we use for freeview. I would think get the boxes connect them up connect cables from router and connect them up useing some software. would it work if i made myself a server. how would i do this? any infomation would be great.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Probably won't work and your friend won't thank you for it.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
i don't know what the question is.
on a fixed dish you can run many receivers.
now if you have a pvr receiver that will need 2 lines. so a 8 output lnb can run 4 pvr receivers.each will need 2 lines to run
if you are on the 28 degree platform some can have a sky card and some can free view and they will all work.
if you are looking at running one line and running several boxes no it will not work.
here is why. satellite signals and is in 4 groups of bands. the receiver generates 13 v dc/18 v dc
22 khz on and 22 khz off.
with 2 receivers tied to one common line there will be a conflict on which one will be the boss.
that's why each receiver need its own line. no conflict.

ralph

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ralph, we're discussing Lines for Card Sharing, not Feeds from Dishes.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
oh thats different one card can run 14 receivers if they are all togeather.
or he would to have to have a router and use the cat 5 cable and connect all the receivers from the one router to all the receivers.
a lot of line running but i have seen it work.
ralph

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
And to avoid confusion the correct terminology is Freesat for satellite TV, not freeview which is for terrestrial transmission and reception, however we are on sticky ground with this thread as at the end of the day the o/p is attempting to further defraud a UK based company that has a legal wallet far bigger than this forum so thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.