Help Required Sharp LNB Quad or Quattro

sophie101

Member
My Satellite Setup
* Currently
1 x 60cm for 28.2e
1 x T55 for 0.4w + 9e + 13e + 19.2e
1 x 120cm for 5w
Quad LNBs on each sent to different receivers in different flats.
My Location
belgium
Hi,

I just ordered three of these quad LNBs to replace some older quads I have. These have not been posted, yet.

I did a google translate, and now I am unsure it these are Quattro LNBs or Quad LNBs. The website translation just might be off. Does any one know?

SHARP Quad LNB BS1K1EL400A

Technical specifications:

  • Typ : Quad Single (Quattro Switch) LNB
  • Manufacturer: Sharp
  • Feed diameter: 40 mm
  • Outputs: 4 (for direct connection of 4 receivers)
  • Gain: 56dB typ
  • Eingang - Frequenz : Low-Band : 10,7 - 11,7 GHz / High-Band : 11,7 - 12,75 GHz
  • Local Oszillator Frequenz : Low-Band ; 9.75 GHz / High-Band : 10,6 GHz
  • Kreuzpolarisation : >25 dB typ.
  • Operating temperature: -30 ° C to + 60 ° C
  • Consumption: 310 mA typ. / 350 mA max.
  • Switching: Polarization: Vertical 11.5 to 14 V / Horizontal 16 to 19 V
  • Protective cap for LNB outputs
  • Perfect water and moisture protection
original in German:
Technische Daten:


  • Typ : Quad Single (Quattro Switch) LNB
  • Hersteller : Sharp
  • Feeddurchmeser : 40 mm
  • Ausgänge: 4 (für den direkten Anschluss von 4 Receivern)
  • Verstärkung : 56dB typ
  • Eingang - Frequenz : Low-Band : 10,7 - 11,7 GHz / High-Band : 11,7 - 12,75 GHz
  • Local Oszillator Frequenz : Low-Band ; 9.75 GHz / High-Band : 10,6 GHz
  • Kreuzpolarisation : >25 dB typ.
  • Betriebstemperatur : -30°C bis + 60°C
  • Verbrauch : 310 mA typ. / 350 mA max.
  • Schaltung: Polarisation : Vertikal 11,5 bis 14 V / Horizontal 16 bis 19 V
  • Schutzkappe für LNB - Ausgänge
  • Perfekter Wasser- und Feuchtigkeitsschutz
Sharp's own web site has this: (mod note: incorrect link removed & replaced)

I'm abit worried now because quattro are some Sky weird LNB that won't work for the four flats I feed this into.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That is a Quad LNB. Mention of 'direct connection to 4 receivers' and voltage switching for polarisation confirm it. A Quattro LNB is not meant for direct connection and does not have polarisation switching of any kind.
 
Hi ozumo,
A sudden sigh of relief passed across my face. Thank-you for pointing out the give away "für den direkten Anschluss von 4 Receivern" . I read this as well, but the Quattro phase confused me.
 
Last edited:
Happy to help :) The box also mentions it is a Quad LNB.

B9ABC1A0-A91C-4B99-806E-BE9A9004BB53.jpeg

The document on the Sharp website is a different version of the LNB - BS1K1EL500A not BS1K1EL400A. The 500A is a Quattro LNB.
 
By the way,
the term 'quattro switch' is used not only here.
It means it is a quattro LNB, with (multi)switch INCLUDED. So it is indeed a quad LNB.

When you are not familiar with that term, it is indeed confusing.

In my first internet order for LNBs (as a starting hobbyist) I also needed quad LNBs, but ordered quattro LNBs, not knowing the difference.
I didn't understand why there were expensive LNBs with four outputs, when you could also buy cheaper ones with also four outputs.
Thankfully I found out the difference in a few hours, and I could still change my order.... :)

Greetz,
A33
 
Ha ha. Yes absolutely.

I had only seen Quattro term for unswitched LNBs until now.
 
Last edited:
off topic
c'est trop petit 60 cm pour le 5°W
 
non. 60cm marche bien pr moi.
Où vit-tu?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top