Shock, horror, Dr Who star David Tennant has a broad Scottish accent!!

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
The time is 7am, Friday, July 21st, 2006, I've just been watching a mini interview with actor David Tennant who plays Dr Who.

Whilst not being a fan of his Dr, nor the new series, I still have respect for him as an actor, coz he's been in some pretty good stuff in the past.

I was also surprised therefore to hear he has a broad Scottish accent. :eek: Nothing wrong in being Scottish, but, hey, it takes a good actor to disguise that! It's like Geordie (myself), or Liverpudian...strong, thick accents... ;)

If you wanna see the whole interview, it's on BBC1 Breakfast News after 8am, today. ;)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I knew about him being a Scot and was a bit disappointed that he didn't use his natural accent, although there was a brief taste in the episode with Queen Victoria.

Christopher Eccleston didn't change so why did David Tennant?

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Yes, and Nicola Bryant didn't have an American accent, and Janet Fielding wasn't an Aussie ......

But, there's now at least one other person - besides me - who doesn't think the new style Dr Who is "absolutely brilliant". Hooray (and about time!).

I think Tennant is better than Eccleston, and the new series would have benifitted from that.

I still watch the new Dr Who, sad and poor though it is.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've heard that the next Dr Who is to be Harry Hill and his companion, Jordan/katie Price, I believe that they are going for the highbrow approach. :-lmao

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Yeah, Nicola Bryant's American accent was very good. I didn't realise she was British until a 40 year celebration had her talking with a posh British accent. Nice legs and boobs, too...ahem... ;)

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Yeah, whoever cast Dr Who had men in mind! Top heavy Nicola. Louise Jameson's legs. Katy Manning's kookiness. And Janet Fielding's air hostess outfit, which she hd to wear continually (clever, that!) ........ corrrrr!

My fave is Wendy Padbury, but as usual I'm in a minority of one ......

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
I think Nicola was the sexiest, though. I recall when Peter Davison was regenerating into COLIN Baker's Dr, and Nicola's boobs were right in Peter's face as she comforted him, as he said: "Feels different this time..."

Peter was supposed to be referring to his next regeneration, but I think he had those luscious boobies in mind. :) Yummy. Hey, and Nicola hasn't changed much. I saw her on the TV show Casuality last year, and she still looks young and fit, not bad for 45!! ;)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Saturlight said:
I think Nicola was the sexiest, though. I recall when Peter Davison was regenerating into COLIN Baker's Dr, and Nicola's boobs were right in Peter's face as she comforted him, as he said: "Feels different this time..."

Peter was supposed to be referring to his next regeneration, but I think he had those luscious boobies in mind. :) Yummy. Hey, and Nicola hasn't changed much. I saw her on the TV show Casuality last year, and she still looks young and fit, not bad for 45!! ;)
Have you voted in the poll? There are few nice pics posted there as well. **ahem**

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
No, but I will. ;)