Showtime & Al Jazerra

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 2d 1.45 mt dish & Nile Sat.
My Location
Spain
Hi all can anyone advise.

I have a cristor x3 box for Nilesat with a showtime card. I also have an Al Jazeera Sport card that I want to start using. Showtime needs to be left on Show Sports 1 when not in use. Ok can do.

I have been told that it is OK to leave the Al Jazeera card out of the box when not in use, however on the back of the it says "Do not remove and re-insert unnecessarily)

Is it better to buy a new box with two card slots and leave both in. If so can anyone recomend which box to buy.

Thanks

paulkelly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
with l
My Location
somewhere
depends if your al jeezera card is for hot bird...if fo nilesat then you have 2 options...

1. get in touch with the guy that sold you the showtime card and get him to ad aljezeera sport to your showtime card...this can be done i sell them. then there is is no need to take the card out

2.get a second box and twin lnb and get them installed...you can get a box with embedded irdeto card reader or seperate box and seperate irdeto cam. dont get multicam as the cards need to be in irdeto cam or embedded to be activated. this option will allow both cahnnels to be watched on 2 tv's or more.

hope this helps

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Are you sure you can put Al Jazeera sports on a Showtime card?
I was told you can't,but you can put Art Sports on.