SIGNAL PROBLEM

A.h. king

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hi
My Location
Middle East
Hello,

I have a free-to-air receiver, it has been very often that I get a "no signal" screen. When I turn the receiver off and on or the LNB power off and on in the settings, the channel works fine but after a couple of minutes "no signal" again. What should I do?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What system do you have, is it a static dish, does it have more than one LNB, or is it motorised, would save us asking if you were to put it in your profile.

Can you borrow a satellite receiver to try on your dish, then at least you can discount your receiver from being the problem if the replacement works, if it experiences the same problem, then it could be an LNB or switching problem.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Do you get "No Signal" only on Channels of Horizontal Polarisation?

A.h. king

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hi
My Location
Middle East
rolfw said:
What system do you have, is it a static dish, does it have more than one LNB, or is it motorised, would save us asking if you were to put it in your profile.

Can you borrow a satellite receiver to try on your dish, then at least you can discount your receiver from being the problem if the replacement works, if it experiences the same problem, then it could be an LNB or switching problem.
Thank you for your suggestion, I will try that. I have only one LNB on the dish

A.h. king

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hi
My Location
Middle East
Tivù said:
Do you get "No Signal" only on Channels of Horizontal Polarisation?
Yes, only the Horizontal frequencies' signal go while the Vertical frequencies work perfectly.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ok.

Vertical Polarity is selected by 13V from Receiver to LNB and Horizontal by 18V.

So the 18V signal is either not reaching the LNB (Lossy cable run or dodgy Receiver Power Supply) or, if it is, the LNB is not acting on the signal.

What length of cable run do you have?

What specification of cable are you using?

Does the cable have any joints in it?