SilverCrest SL 65

franticfly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
silver crest portable satellit reciever ( lidl 2009 )
My Location
uk scotland
want to know how to unscramble / unlock channels on silvrcrest portable satellite reciever, recently purchased from lidls 8/6/09. would appreciate any information or knowledge as in a full explination,of how to.... if possible . thanks....

ps dont know if i have placed this in th correct section 1st time user on tis forum
apology's to everyone if i have done this wrong.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum franticfly

First question, before anyone can answer you is what is it you are wanting to unscramble? which satellite? what channels?

franticfly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
silver crest portable satellit reciever ( lidl 2009 )
My Location
uk scotland
thanks for your welcoming

its a lidl's suitcase portable satellite reciever silvercrest sl65 /12 model.

question..

is it possible to unscramble channels /and / or recieve all subscription channels free. can this be achieved and how .

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The SL65 is a tricky beast for that sort of thing - it depends upon what exactly chip set it has, amongst other things.

Unfortunately the purchase date doesn't necessarily give us a clue and you may have to open it up to find out what you've got.

When I researched this for myself, I gave up .......................

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
franticfly said:
its a lidl's suitcase portable satellite reciever silvercrest sl65 /12 model.

Which as Tivu has already mentioned is not really suitable as some can be flashed and some cannot. If you search the forums you should find some pictures of the chips that can and cannot.

franticfly said:
is it possible to unscramble channels /and / or recieve all subscription channels free. can this be achieved and how .

Sorry those days are long gone, there are some stb's available that can still open Digi 1 deg West but they are currently swapping out cards. I am afraid you have bought an SD FTA stb and as such it is only fit for that purpose. The only other option is card sharing but that is another facet to this hobby using a Linux based stb which requires a lot of reading about and offers no guaranteed viewing of encrypted channels