Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yes. That's the exact one I was referring to in my last Post!

Trader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-5402 HD with 1m Gibertini on STAB HH100 coming soon!
My Location
Gloucestershire
Yes. That's the exact one I was referring to in my last Post!

Okay so I have now ordered that model.

I was slow replying this time around because Jim called in on his way home. He said I should try and get a STAB HH-100...he is not a fan of the Technomate as he's been through a few of them. He basically said that as I am unable to do any replacement or tinkering myself I should get a decent motor and have the confidence to fit it and forget it. Advice required on that topic please as I have no knowledge of the latest makes?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
A bit more expensive, but certainly a good choice.

And now you have someone to blame! :D

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Okay so I have now ordered that model.

I was slow replying this time around because Jim called in on his way home. He said I should try and get a STAB HH-100...he is not a fan of the Technomate as he's been through a few of them. He basically said that as I am unable to do any replacement or tinkering myself I should get a decent motor and have the confidence to fit it and forget it. Advice required on that topic please as I have no knowledge of the latest makes?

A good choice just make sure the mounting pole is long enough for the gibby dish, the stab 120 has a longer mounting pole on it.

there is also the alsat supreme dark motor i think its called that a few people use.

That's good enough for me, I am not going to try and reinvent the wheel so to speak. So this Inverto Ultra Black Quad seems a decent price?

That is a very good price for one of those lnbs, they are normally about 30 pound. tempted to order one myself for my spares box.

Last edited:

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Stab is expensive and is slower at moving the dish. I also heard of backlash/play issues on them though I haven't personally experienced such issues.

You won't really go wrong with any of the above mentioned motors. I had the Stab, the original Moteck 2100, the Digiquest SG2100 (same as Moteck) and the Alsat Dark Motor and none of them failed on me.

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HDSE SIM 2.10 80CM ORBITAL FIXED@28.2E
My Location
53.6N 2.4W
its no secret im a big fan of the stab motors and they have a 3 year warrenty aswell. ive seen them still working after 10 years with very little wear and tear and imo theres no better diseqc motor available today. if you can afford it a 1m gibby,stab 100 and black ultra will give you years of service and will still be there when others are just a mass of rust... saying that the dark motors are good for the price and my brothers moves his td110 without issue

Trader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gloucestershire
That is a very good price for one of those lnbs, they are normally about 30 pound. tempted to order one myself for my spares box.

I know, when I told my mate about it he said the same as you "Crikey I paid almost double that, I may get one as a spare!"

Trader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gloucestershire
its no secret im a big fan of the stab motors and they have a 3 year warrenty aswell. ive seen them still working after 10 years with very little wear and tear and imo theres no better diseqc motor available today. if you can afford it a 1m gibby,stab 100 and black ultra will give you years of service and will still be there when others are just a mass of rust... saying that the dark motors are good for the price and my brothers moves his td110 without issue

I have already ordered the Ultra Black and will get the STAB and Gibertini ordered tomorrow. I wonder if I should go STAB 120 based on the length of the pole as mentioned by Wod; I think the extra £10 is probably worth it? I am not concerned about rotational speed; I am pretty slow myself!

I was going to use corner mounts but I think T and K brackets mounted close to the corner should suffice.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
I have already ordered the Ultra Black and will get the STAB and Gibertini ordered tomorrow. I wonder if I should go STAB 120 based on the length of the pole as mentioned by Wod; I think the extra £10 is probably worth it? I am not concerned about rotational speed; I am pretty slow myself!

I was going to use corner mounts but I think T and K brackets mounted close to the corner should suffice.

I thought you already had a dish that a friend had given you ?

My dish is mounted near a corner wall but i made sure to bring the brackets in because its above the guttering.

How high is the dish going to be mounted and have you worked out what size t&k you need either 12, 18, or even 24inch standoff from the wall to allow space for the dish turning each side ?

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
53.6N 2.4W
you dont need the 120 as the 1m gibby will fit on the h-to-h 100.. the 120 is slower than the 100 also. get yourself a good quality set of galvanised T+K,s or better still 2 K,S and a length of scaff pole and once set up correctly you should have years of trouble free service in all but the most exposed location. if you are concerned the get the installer to drill through the motor back bracket and pole and put a bolt through and a nut to tighten up and it will never move. lastly dont scrimp on the cable and use WF100/TX100

Trader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gloucestershire
I thought you already had a dish that a friend had given you ?

My dish is mounted near a corner wall but i made sure to bring the brackets in because its above the guttering.

How high is the dish going to be mounted and have you worked out what size t&k you need either 12, 18, or even 24inch standoff from the wall to allow space for the dish turning each side ?

Sorry that should read STAB for Gibertini. The dish will be mounted around 2.5m high, perhaps nearer 3.0m and then it will be slightly elevated by the pole. I think 24" T&K may be best as will allow the dish to turn fully; although maybe 18" would do it.

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
53.6N 2.4W

dont mount it too close to the corner or it will pull the bricks out. if you are having a professional installer to put it up for you then id leave the T+K and pole to him or get a survey first so he can tell you what size stand-off you will need for a good arc sweep and whether you will need to go above the gutter or if it can stay below and still get 45e to 45w minimum

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
Sorry that should read STAB for Gibertini. The dish will be mounted around 2.5m high, perhaps nearer 3.0m and then it will be slightly elevated by the pole. I think 24" T&K may be best as will allow the dish to turn fully; although maybe 18" would do it.

Are you sure the dish needs to be that high up the wall, do you have any trees or buildings that you think might block the reception ?

Trader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gloucestershire
Are you sure the dish needs to be that high up the wall, do you have any trees or buildings that you think might block the reception ?

I am guessing it will be about 2.5m as it's just about level with the internal ceiling. I would prefer it slightly lower and where I live there are no trees or houses that block the line of sight.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
I would prefer it slightly lower and where I live there are no trees or houses that block the line of sight.

well then you have the possibility of using a ground mount stand, best check first with a temporary dish and do an arc sweep.

As a ground mounted dish about a metre high up will be easier to maintain than a wall mounted dish.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
"I love sandbags, me."

Trader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gloucestershire
well then you have the possibility of using a ground mount stand, best check first with a temporary dish and do an arc sweep.

As a ground mounted dish about a metre high up will be easier to maintain than a wall mounted dish.

I can't really go for that option because the dish will be easily accessed by passers by. Although I am away from the main population we still get the "steptoe and son" junk merchants coming to the house almost daily. I will switch on the TV one day to find no signal and no dish!!

Trader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gloucestershire
Afternoon guys and gals

It looks like I will have to buy a dish after all. My mate was given the Spanish inquisition by his wife so he won't be upgrading to a larger dish just yet!!

That's not so bad as I did get the Rx for less than half price. On that note I attached a USB HDD and the recording function is superb, very impressed with how easy it is! I am not venturing out today as it has not stopped raining for about 12 hours.

When fitted, will the dish/motor etc be quiet? It will be sited right outside my bedroom window and I hate anything that rattles. I'm hoping that all bolts will be tightened correctly and all cables tied or tape so they don't bang against the dish. The wind was very strong last night and I hate to think about the dish rattling in the wind and keep me awake!

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
The dish won't rattle - at least it shouldn't! When moving, you might hear it moving but the noise is minimal really.... I certainly can't hear anything unless I am less than 1m away.

Helps being hard of hearing....

hear-hear-hearing-ears-smiley-emoticon-000672-large.gif

Trader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gloucestershire
The dish won't rattle - at least it shouldn't! When moving, you might hear it moving but the noise is minimal really.... I certainly can't hear anything unless I am less than 1m away.

Helps being hard of hearing....

hear-hear-hearing-ears-smiley-emoticon-000672-large.gif
That is good news, I really hate anything that rattles, especially at night!