Sirius Nordic Beams in Ireland/UK

Irish-man

Member
My Satellite Setup
1.8m. dish - 0.3 LNB
My Location
Ireland
Hi everyone,
I live in Cork and I have installed a 1.8 Fortec Star prime focus dish. I am using a universal feedhorn with a Ku-band inverto 0.3 flange.
At the moment Iam getting 98% signal strength and 100% signal quality from the european beam, but not even a spark of the Nordic beam )(-red .
Does anyone know if I should make some sort of adjustment to be able to get the Nordic beam?, or should I ask first, Does anyone know of anyone getting this signal with a 1.8m dish?
I also have a C-Ku band LNBF, would this one be better than the inverto flange (details here _http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/S/BSC621-C-KU-LNBF.htm ) ???
I really need to get a channel from the Nordic beam (11.996 H 27500 3/4)....does anyone have any suggestions or alternatives or more info on this channel??

Thanks for your help lads,


George
 
Irish-man said:
Does anyone know if I should make some sort of adjustment to be able to get the Nordic beam?,

The only possible adjustment I would have thought was to move.
Have you seen the theoretical footprint here

Whilst I am aware there are side lobes that allow out of footprint viewing I doubt the chances of success, but wish you luck hunting
 
hello ,good evening!

good news!

in November 2007,the new Sirius 4,will be lunched!
,now we,looking forward,how the signal",on nordic beam,will be!

maybe,it is much weaker then before,also in central europe,coz of the new stearible spotbeams..

here i complite list of upcomming satelite lunches,old,thor ,will also be replaces next year!

2007
Date – Satellite(s) – Rocket/Upper stage – Cosmodrome – Time
October 21 – four Globalstar satellites – Soyuz-FG/Fregat – Baikonur
October 23 – Kosmos-24XX (Oko) – Molniya-M/2BL – Plesetsk
October 25 – three Kosmos-24XX (Glonass-M) satellites – Proton-K/DM-2 – Baikonur
November 1 – SAR-Lupe 3 – Kosmos-3M – Plesetsk
December 23 – Progress M-62 – Soyuz-U – Baikonur
December 25 (TBD) – three Kosmos-24XX (Glonass-M) satellites – Proton-M/DM-2 – Baikonur
December – Radarsat 2 – Soyuz-FG/Fregat – Baikonur
December – Gonets-M No. 2, Gonets-M No. 3, Gonets-M No. 4, Yubileyniy – Rokot/Briz-KM – Plesetsk
TBD – Sirius 4 – Proton-M/Briz-M – Baikonur
TBD – Thor 5 – Proton-M/Briz-M – Baikonur
TBD – AMC 14 – Proton-M/Briz-M – Baikonur
TBD – five RapidEye satellites – Dnepr – Baikonur
TBD – THEOS – Dnepr – Baikonur (or Dombarovskiy)
TBD – Kosmos-24XX (Persona) – Soyuz-2.1b – Plesetsk

2008
Date – Satellite(s) – Rocket/Upper stage – Cosmodrome – Time
February 7 – Progress M-63 – Soyuz-U – Baikonur
February – Ekspress-AM33 – Proton-M/Briz-M – Baikonur
March 12 – AMOS 3 – Zenit-3M/DM-SLB – Baikonur
March – GIOVE-B – Soyuz-FG/Fregat – Baikonur
March – SAR-Lupe 4 – Kosmos-3M – Plesetsk
March/April – Inmarsat 4-F3 – Proton-M/Briz-M – Baikonur
Spring – GOCE – Rokot/Briz-KM – Plesetsk
April 8 – Soyuz TMA-12 – Soyuz-FG – Baikonur
May 14 – Progress M-64 – Soyuz-U – Baikonur
June – Ekspress-AM44, Ekspress-MD1 – Proton-M/Briz-M – Baikonur
June – Koronas-Foton – Tsiklon-3 – Plesetsk
July – Meteor-M No. 1, Universitetskiy-Tatyana-2, Sterkh No. 2 – Soyuz-2.1b/Fregat – Baikonur
July – SAR-Lupe 5 – Kosmos-3M – Plesetsk
August 12 – Progress M-65 – Soyuz-U – Baikonur
September 11 – Progress M-66 – Soyuz-U – Baikonur
October 12 – Soyuz TMA-13 – Soyuz-FG – Baikonur
fourth quarter – Ekspress-AM4, Ekspress-MD2 – Proton-M/Briz-M – Baikonur
fourth quarter – Ciel 2 – Proton-M/Briz-M – Baikonur
December 17 – Progress M-67 – Soyuz-U – Baikonur
end of year – DubaiSat-1, Deimos-1, Nanosat-1B, UK-DMC-2 – Dnepr – Dombarovskiy
TBD – GIOVE-A2 – Soyuz-FG/Fregat – Baikonur
TBD – three Kosmos-24XX (Glonass-M) satellites – Proton-M/DM-2 – Baikonur
TBD – three Kosmos-24XX (Glonass-M) satellites – Proton-M/DM-2 – Baikonur
TBD – two Yamal-300 satellites – Proton-M/DM-03 – Baikonur
TBD – Nimiq 4 – Proton-M/Briz-M – Baikonur
TBD – Sirius 5 – Proton-M/Briz-M – Baikonur
TBD – CMBStar (Echostar 13) – Proton-M/Briz-M – Baikonur
TBD – Elektro-L No. 1 – Zenit-3M/Fregat-SB – Baikonur
TBD – Spektr-R – Zenit-3M/Fregat-SB – Baikonur
TBD – AsiaSat 5 – Zenit-3M/DM-SLB – Baikonur
TBD – MeaSat-1R – Zenit-3M/DM-SLB – Baikonur
TBD – Kondor-E – Strela – Baikonur
TBD – Kosmos-24XX (Liana) – Soyuz-U – Plesetsk
TBD – Kosmos-24XX (Parus), Sterkh No. 1, Orbcomm CDS (?) – Kosmos-3M – Plesetsk
TBD – SMOS, PROBA-2 – Rokot/Briz-KM – Plesetsk
TBD – SERVIS-2 – Rokot/Briz-KM – Plesetsk
TBD – Mozhaets-6 – TBD – Plesetsk
TBD – six Orbcomm satellites – Kosmos-3M – Kapustin Yar
TBD – Eros-C – Start-1 – Svobodniy
TBD – Kanopus-V – TBD – TBD
 
Its amazing how much the beam drops off the further West you go.

I have friend in Bradford who gets Viasat Sports 1 no problem nearly all day with a 100cm dish.

Now me who is just 9 miles West of Manchester and about 50 miles West from my friends could only get Viasat Sports 1 at about 16.00-21.00 and about 07.00-10.30 with my Gibertini 1.5mtr dish.
 
i found reception was better east of london,these out of area signals tend to fluctuate a bit,if its marginal then a bigger dish is needed as these serveses are now n*s there isnt really the need for the nordic beam.
 
I agree totally with previous thread.

Not going too much in to it but I have installed 10 1.1m Triax dishes in the North East, excellent reception on horizontals and verticals.

In Stoke On Trent I installed a 2.4m CM with invacom lnb. No good, horizontals excellent but verticals ( for the sports channels ) rubbish.

Only way we provided customer was with video stream.

No way I can see you getting it where you are.

Doesnt explain your transponder strength!!:confused:
 
Hi mates,
I had a look of the new Nordic beam coming in Sirius 4, and is almost the same than the actual Sirius 2/3 , have alook here : http://www.nyteknik.se/uploaded/document/2006/12/21/sirius4.pdf

So, I don't see a gain for us this change of satellite, unless of course, the change some channels fron Nordic beam to the european one, very unlikly though.

Does anyone know where I can find a detailed EIRP map for the Sirius 3 footprint map ?, I need to know what kind of dbw i have from this satellite here in Cork.

thanks,

irish-man
 
Just to let you know that I put my dish on 5.0e today at 13.00 and got the whole Viasat package no probs.

The weakest was 19777V but this was still coming in at between 25%-37% on technomate.
Strange bird Sirius it must move around in orbit because signal is all over the place.
I did also notice this over a year ago on my 1.5mtr dish.

Just checked again and now 19777V is coming in at about 45%-51%, it never stays still the signal quality.

So even though I am still having a slight problem with 7.0w its good to know that 5.0e is now available 24/7.
 
Hi Keano,
On what dish size are you getting the signal??, if you have a chance, can you please check 11.996 H 27500, there should be a channel called TvChile on this package.

Thanks a million,


Irish-man
 
keano has a 2.4metre channel master, offset dish
 
m8 I think you need to let it go, this sat really goes weak the more West you go and you being in Ireland then its going to take a very big dish to get the Nordic beam.

Ive got my dish setup perfect now ( took 6 hours on Friday ) and like I said I could get it but signal was up and down like a jack in a box, it never went completely but it wont help anyone with a smaller dish and further West then me.

Look at footprint here m8,

_http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/sirius3.html
 
Irish-man, as the other say you have no chance whatsoever in your location without a silly sized dish (probably several m in diameter).
 
I have been telling him since post three that he is :-deadhorse
 
Thanks you all for the help. I think this time I will let it go.....I dont like failures )(-red, but I have no garden to put a dish much bigger anyway :eek: ..... I read in another forum that a guy extended his dish using glass fibre resin and his own dish as mould..... _http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=550223 ....as anyone ever heard of such thing before?.


irish-man :toke:
 
Back
Top