Site Survey Request (Wirral)

willo30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+HD.
My Location
Wirral, UK
Hi, after posting in a different section of this forum it has been suggested that I request a site survey. Below I have pasted my original question.

Hi, this is probably a really stupid question but here goes anyway.

Is there any way I can check too see if I can get any satellite signals with a meter or something before actually buying any satellite equipment.

The reason I ask is because I am not sure I will be able to get any signals in the only place I can set a dish. The problem I have is that the signals seem to come from over my house and the furthest I can get the dish away from the house is approx 18m. Another problem is the max height I can probably raise the dish is about 6ft due to a very large tree next door which the neighbour has kindly said I can take some off but the dish would still need to be pointing from below it.

As you can see I do not want to go out and spend hundreds of pounds to find that it won't work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Would it be possible for someone to give me a price for a site survey please. To be honest it would probably only be the site survey as if it is successful then I would attempt to fit myself.

willo30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+HD.
My Location
Wirral, UK
After looking into this in more depth I have now concluded that I would not be able to carry out installation myself as the dish will need to go on the house itself.

I am looking for the dish to be on the back of the house (2 storey) but high enough up to pick up the signals coming over the house.

I do not have any equipment yet as I am still looking into it.

ads.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sony viao dreambox sky hd freesat hd motorised dish
My Location
merseyside
give us a email maybe able to call tomorrow or weekend i do charge for call out of 25 pounds

developers

Reaction score
Website
www.development.plus.com
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Solo 4k PVR using Enigma2, Motorised Triax 1.1m, fixed Orbital 80cm dish with 3 LNB 13e, 19.2e and 28.5e 4/1 way diseqc Cas 3+ Diablo 2.3 & TRex 4.6 Rover SDM2 & Satlook HD
My Location
Cheshire.
Have you tried _www.dishpointer.com where you can put in obstacle heights and fixing height to get a good idea of possibilities. Will accept uk postcodes.
Jem