Size of 2.7m dish??????

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Coca-Cooper said:
Next Friday (16th). I'll keep you posted!!

Maybe I'll come and watch :D

farside

Reaction score
I've just come across another of his where he charged for a 2.7 and fitted a 2.5. and this one doesn't work either. I hear he can't actually buy any 2.7s

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
maybe he measures across the curve at the back the dish.
Always fools the customer into thinking he got a big one:confused

farside

Reaction score
You can fool some of the people some of the time.

I think he's coming unstuck now cos when it don't work the customer goes and measures it. His reputation is spreading.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
@coca cooper.
So,are you a happy man today?did you get your 2.7m dish?

johnthomas

Reaction score
My Location
Cyprus
({}) O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha
Is it the STEAL dish that u are having installed today ?

johnthomas

Reaction score
My Location
Cyprus
I heard today that he brought steal dishes 2.8(Astrosat) and dont work in Paphos either

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
To coca cooper,haven't heard from you for a while.Did you get your 2.7m dish,and if so did it work okay?

C

Coca-Cooper

Eventually got my 2.4 swapped for a 2.7m dish last Friday, and yes I measured it :p

Performance is pretty good (BBC & ITV from 11am to 3am, ie 16 hours). Do you think any adjustments with the alignment will improve matters??

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Coca-Cooper said:
Eventually got my 2.4 swapped for a 2.7m dish last Friday, and yes I measured it :p

Performance is pretty good (BBC & ITV from 11am to 3am, ie 16 hours). Do you think any adjustments with the alignment will improve matters??

Its possible,then again if adjustment was made in the morning then you might lose it at night.Right now it's 8.30 am here and my bbc is okay and very very slight pixellation on itv(london).as a matter of interest,I have never been able to pick up itv anglia or any of the itv on 10.891H, 22000,5/6.
But the main point is they(astrotwat) tried to con you with a 2.4m dish.What if you didn't measure it?How many more customers have been ripped off?And they promise 24hours reception.
Looks like they are having trouble shifting their 2.5m dishes as they have dropped the price,because they are not getting bbc/itv in the evening,which is what you had.
By the way,what was their excuse,for putting up a smaller dish?It's a fair cop guv?? :-ohmy

C

Coca-Cooper

zorba said:
By the way,what was their excuse,for putting up a smaller dish?It's a fair cop guv?? :-ohmy

You know what type of excuses I got. . . . . . This 2.4m is just as good as a 2.7m, It will be guaranteed, blah, blah, blah

It may be European, but it's still Cyprus!

apogee2010

Reaction score
chris_lim said:
II had a 3.7m solid DH dish installed two months ago (when we still had bad weather) by Future Sat and I can receive all the horizontal frequencies of 2D (BBC, ITV, Disney, Hallmark, RTE) 24 hrs (I have actually tested them by staying awake all night) without the slightest freezing of the picture.

Do you mind answering how much a 3.7M solid (aluminium?) DH dish costs?

Ball-park figure even?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Coca-Cooper said:
About CY£3,000 last time I was looking (approx. $6,000)

A 3.7m Prodelin would be in the region of $2000 with similar performance

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
just about to put one in
My Location
Pissouri, Cyprus
zorba said:
Future are not bad but there is also Simon in Limassol,who only deals with satellite dishes and the odd BFBS aerial.He doesn't need to advertise to get work as its all recommendation.I've passed his name on to many people and no complaints so far.It all boils down to the technician being honest and letting you know exactly what you will and won't get before you agree to have the dish installed.The cowboys have to advertise every week everywhere to get new customers because the old ones have gone somewhere else.You pays your money and you gets your choice (of dish)

Hi there - speaking from Norfolk UK, but have villa in Pissouri. My neighbours and I are about to install a 3m dish from Astrosat on Wednesday. Thought I would do some checks (may be late, but better late etc etc) and don't like what I have found. What should we be aware of? Who is Simon contact-wise? would appreciate help before too late!!

Graham

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Hope you don't get a shitty Jonsa dish....

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
graham bensley said:
Hi there - speaking from Norfolk UK, but have villa in Pissouri. My neighbours and I are about to install a 3m dish from Astrosat on Wednesday. Thought I would do some checks (may be late, but better late etc etc) and don't like what I have found. What should we be aware of? Who is Simon contact-wise? would appreciate help before too late!!

Graham

You would have been better off starting a new thread for better response, but also if you use the search function for any of the references you mention above in this section, it will bring up a few threads.