sky+ abroad

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8m, Lenson Heat 80cm triple feed 13° 19° & 28°, Triax TD110 with Jeager SuperJack, sky+ Pace v2, Panasonic TU-DSB20, Humax 5400, no name FTA and heap of old analogue receivers
My Location
right next to the big dish
Does anyone have experiences with new pace sky+ box outside UK. Do you need to have a phone line connection for recording (regular programmes not box office) or do you need digi dialer?

I am thinking of getting one so any info would be appreciated.

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
As long as you don't go for a mirror subscription deal, they apparently don't seem to be checking on this.....mine's not connected and I know of some others who have Sky+ outside the UK.

I guess if the $$$ are going to Sky and they don't feel they're being exploited, they don't worry too much.

nick6470

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It was simple really,i gave my parents the receivers serial number and the viewing card number (but probably better to have all the details from the system details page available) and they phoned sky, asked the card to be activated in the new box and for the 'plus' features to be turned on.

sayireand

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Madrid
nick6470 said:
It was simple really,i gave my parents the receivers serial number and the viewing card number (but probably better to have all the details from the system details page available) and they phoned sky, asked the card to be activated in the new box and for the 'plus' features to be turned on.
Well that's good cause even though the contract says it needs to be connected to the phone all the time (they don't seem to enforce that part) I did think that with the initial activation they did check the connection.

nick6470

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Mine has never being connected to the phone line and for the activation i only had one LNB input, which meant i could only pause live tv until i installed the second lnb input. I have had it about a month now and no problems yet! (touching wood!)

crispy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY+
My Location
France
There is a number that you can predial in france on a landline that blocks the number that you are calling from. This enables you to ring Sky from France without 'showing out' that you are abroad. Much simpler given the number of questions asked of you when you request help, activation etc. I am sure that other european countries have this 'number blocking' facility.
Furthermore, i am sure that Sky make millions in subscriptions from its overseas customers, making it it common sense to have a 'don't tell/don't ask' policy.