Sky+ advice needed....

hightower

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+ patched reciever, NTL pace box, Smart 0.2dB titanium LNB, 80cm dish, Manhattan HH120 motor, AMD 64bit 3500+, 1GB ram, 3x120gig 1x200gig HDs.
My Location
Glasgow
Wonder if any of you could help...

At the moment i have NTL full tv package and my own motorized satellite system in my house for picking UP fta European channels.
Set up the motorized system myself last year with no problems at all.

Recently a friend came across a pace V2 sky+ box which he has no use for so i took it off his hands. The viewing card is still in the pace box.
I put my sat dish to 28.2E and set up the pace box to check if it was working.
Seems to be picking up all the fta and ftv channels fine.

Now what i was thinking of doing was ditching NTL and going for sky+.

I know for sky+ you need 2 feeds going to the receiver.

If i went out and bought a twin LNB and ran another feed into the room and set up the pace box how would i then go about subscribing to sky +?

If i phoned them up and explained i have a set up and i would like to subscribe to sky plus, would it just be a case of them sending out a new card for me to use? Or does anything else need to be done?

Cheers :)

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
ask for the second-hand contracts department :)

hightower

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+ patched reciever, NTL pace box, Smart 0.2dB titanium LNB, 80cm dish, Manhattan HH120 motor, AMD 64bit 3500+, 1GB ram, 3x120gig 1x200gig HDs.
My Location
Glasgow

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
Leee said:
ask for the second-hand contracts department :)

For the secondhand programs...... :-rofl2

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
hightower said:
Wonder if any of you could help...

At the moment i have NTL full tv package and my own motorized satellite system in my house for picking UP fta European channels.
Set up the motorized system myself last year with no problems at all.

Recently a friend came across a pace V2 sky+ box which he has no use for so i took it off his hands. The viewing card is still in the pace box.
I put my sat dish to 28.2E and set up the pace box to check if it was working.
Seems to be picking up all the fta and ftv channels fine.

Now what i was thinking of doing was ditching NTL and going for sky+.

I know for sky+ you need 2 feeds going to the receiver.

If i went out and bought a twin LNB and ran another feed into the room and set up the pace box how would i then go about subscribing to sky +?

If i phoned them up and explained i have a set up and i would like to subscribe to sky plus, would it just be a case of them sending out a new card for me to use? Or does anything else need to be done?

Cheers :)

The sky+ box or any sky receiver dont like to be moved off the satellite. So if your going to be using your motor to turn around to 28.2 each time you want to view you box will have to search for settings again and again. So try and get a minidish with a quad lnb 2hand would be a better bet. Get your card actived to use sky +. It will cost you though.

hightower

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow
john_graydon said:
The sky+ box or any sky receiver dont like to be moved off the satellite. So if your going to be using your motor to turn around to 28.2 each time you want to view you box will have to search for settings again and again. So try and get a minidish with a quad lnb 2hand would be a better bet. Get your card actived to use sky +. It will cost you though.

cheers for the advice!

how much does it cost to activate the card for sky+?

hightower

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow
Well thats everything sorted!!

Changed the LNB over to a quad, ran in all the new cables and set up the recievers. Tested it last night with the FTA channels and both boxes, everything looks good :)

Called up sky yesterday, and managed to wangle 4 months half price from them even though they said its only for customers that take the equipment from them :D

There sending out new vewing cards, hopefully be here 5 - 7 days!

thanks for the help