Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.25mt steel dish
Inverto Quad LNB
Digibox:Pace ds430N, Pace 2600C and Pace sky+ V3
My Location
Qta. do Conde Portugal
Hi to all!

I am an Irish expat living near Setúbal in Portugal. I bought a pace box on ebay last year and got it set up by a local technician. I got my sky card shortly afterwards and have been quite happy (although with some heavy wind near christmas, the dish was slightly moved, not affecting all channels. He put the 1.1/1.2 dish on the chimney and left it open to element attacks.)Since then I have decided to buy a bigger dish (I feel that the one I was given was only a 1.1 metre dish) and put it on the side of the house. My brother in law rang me and said he had got me a new pace sky+ box. Of course I am going to make use of it but my question is this.

I currently subscribe to cable tv here (cabovisao). I can't get rid of it as my wife is Portuguese. With sky+, I know that I will need a quad LNB for the two cables. Is it possible to have three cables running into the house and is there some sort of outlet available that will have three exits instead of the traditional two coming out from the wall.

I hope I have explained myself.

Last but not least, if there is anyone in the Setúbal area that knows how to install the system I would be delighted to get in contact with them.

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
Never quite understood why installers in this part of the world insist on putting large dishes on chimneys or on the highest part of the roof. I once had an argument with a Spanish building manager about this- I wanted to put the dish in the garden, he thought I was nuts..
You don't need a quad for Sky+, a twin will do.
Wall plates are not the best things if the signal is weak, better to run the cable without breaks.
If you really want to have three outlets on one wall plate, drill an extra hole in the plate and superglue an F to F connector into it. Make sure cable is not bent too much, however.

zambujal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.25mt steel dish
Inverto Quad LNB
My Location
Qta. do Conde Portugal
Thanx for the help. By any chance have you tried flat coaxial cable? If I want to run cables without any break, I will have to run through the front patio door. I have heard some comments on people using this cable so as to not make holes in the wall. So far I haven't seen any negative remarks. Any comments?

Thanx again

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
zambujal said:
Thanx for the help. By any chance have you tried flat coaxial cable? If I want to run cables without any break, I will have to run through the front patio door. I have heard some comments on people using this cable so as to not make holes in the wall. So far I haven't seen any negative remarks. Any comments?

Thanx again

Well I have seen both positive and negative responses. I think it is one of those suck it and see items. There are far too many variables involved to be able to give a definitive answer.

For example if you are on the limits of reception because of using poor quality cable or a long cable run, then the introduction of anything involving connectors may introduce sufficient loss as to drop you below the threshold required. On the other hand if you are using good quality sat cable on a short run, you may not even notice the difference.

zambujal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.25mt steel dish
Inverto Quad LNB
My Location
Qta. do Conde Portugal
Cheers mate.

Well actually the run from the dish to the TV will be quite short as I will be putting the dish on the side of the house which is the living room wall. Seeing that the distance is not long, quality cable (be it flat or round) should be sufficient.... or no?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
zambujal said:
Cheers mate.

quality cable (be it flat or round) should be sufficient.... or no?

As topper says, give it a bash, if it doesn't work then you'd know.

The usual thing to do is to use proper satellite cable for everything apart from the little bit that goes through the window, for which you buy a very short (10cm or so) already connectorised length of flat cable.

If you are able to get hold of the specs for the flat cable however, a more defintive answer could be calculated.

Robbo:)